hey everyone

Options
I'm not actually new -- I had an account before but decided to start new, and work harder this time.

A bit about me:
I live in Paris, I'm a uni student; I'm twenty years old, I weigh 86 kilos/190 lbs/13 stone currently.
All my friends are skinny, like properly in shape, yoga-skinny. They're always going to clubs and fashionable bars and wanting me to go with them, but I can't go because the bouncers won't let me in, I know that, it's happened many times.

Even Thursday I went to a really grubby bar, for my friend's birthday, it was sort of an obligation, and the bouncer wouldn't let me in, and my friends all had to leave the bar and go to the one next door with me. It's embarrassing.

--People are embarrassed to be around me, my extended family ignores me, doesn't really want me in photographs, even my mother cries all the time about how I'm going to get diabetes and die because I'm fat, and we're always fighting because she doesn't like it when I eat.

So I guess I'd just really like it if I could get some positive support.

Thanks for reading
-Juliette

Replies

• jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hi there - I am sorry to hear that ! for me this site has given me my strength to try to stay on track - my mom bothers me to about my eating habits but I take it as good criticism - when I can - it is hard but remember the outcome in the end will be worth it
  • NYLatinaCR
    Options
    I am sooooo sorry for what you have experienced. No person should be treated that way...... Feel free to add me..... Everyone is not meant to be YOGA skinny.... but everyone can be healthy....... That is what you should focus on..... hang in there.....
  • mabonnevie107
    mabonnevie107 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it's unfortunate that people feel embarrassed around you... that's really just appalling that they care more about what you look like than who you are... that's just so wrong. and you won't get diabetes if you change what you're doing. i'd suggest you start by trying to minimize processed foods... try to focus on whole foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, minimally processed meats, eggs, fish, etc. also, don't fear dietary fat! sugar is the thing that i've been battling all my life... i'm not sure how it is for you but yeah.

:) you can do this!!
  • borgi77
    borgi77 Posts: 61
    Options
    That is nasty, but I guess in today's society it does happen! I would focus on getting fit for you though not for anything else as you need to want the want loss to happen something just has to click. That something is different for everyone! Good luck!!!
  • buddy529
    buddy529 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the crap you've been going through. Thanks for the add and know that you've got a weight loss buddy here in Southern California :)
  • windowhotel
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you kind words!
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Sorry about your family being so ignorant. Unfortunately we can't choose our biological families. Welcome to the group, consider us your new extended family. :happy:
  • windowhotel
    Options
    Well I'm not sure if ignorant is correct, but mean, yeah. They are always looking to have the best image portrayed of the family, which is kind of a normal I think, especially since my family is really beautiful except for me, haha.

Anyway thank you very much for the kind words, I really look forward to making good supportive friends on here!