water

Options
Hi everyone, just wanted to talk about water... :smile:
water is very important for you not only for your health, but for weight loss too... it's an appetite suppressant and it also help to cleanse the liver so that it can metabolise fat efficiently, because if your dehydrated your kidneys can't work properly and the liver then take's over to help out and then spends less time metabolising fat :happy:

Replies

• jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hey there - yeah at work that is all I drink because for one - I can have it near me and two for some reason I love flavored water - usually I buy the little packets so it is easy to fill.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    thanks! I havn't had ANY water all day !
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    Thanks its good to spread the great news that water is the #1 diet drink!!!!!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I know that water is good for you, but it is so hard to get up to 8-10 cups a day (at least for me)....added benefit of water is all the walking that you'll be doing going to the bathroom after taking in all that water (more cardio..yeh!!!!)....lol!!!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have also found that if I am hydrated I am not thirsty and not as likely to mistake thirst for hunger, so I actually eat less.:drinker:
  • shelleyr06
    Options
    If you get bored with the taste of water, put a slice of citrus in with it.
  • jussy83
    jussy83 Posts: 26
    Options
    thats awesome :smile: I carry my 1 litre water bottle around with me everywhere, i find water is the only thing that really quenches my thirst
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Very helpful! :flowerforyou:
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    I never realized that water does that to appetite! No wonder I am always feeling SOO full. For the last couple of weeks I have been consistently drinking over 4 liters of water everyday. About half of it plain and another half in the form of tea, no sugar added of course. Thanks for the information!
  • jussy83
    Options
    your welcome :smile:
  • dannylives
    Options
    Thanks for that important message about water. :)
  • Infinitum88
    Options
    Thanks for spreading this very important message.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Love this forum xx

I have noticed that my children would become less awear when they had not drank enough, their IQ would double when they where not dehydrated, I home educated my children for 5 years, so I was with them 24 hours a day, and yes there is a big difference xx

I have been told 7 pints for an adult and 3 for a child, seems a lot, but if you can drink !!!

I know when my children are dehydrated due to their lips....

When I get up in the morning I have at least 3 glasses, that would be just over 2 pints, once you get used to it, you dont need the bathroom as much!! LOL but that does take getting used to!!

Also I noticed with my children and myself if we did not drink enough we ate more, I believe this was our body getting confused, we thought we where hungry and we where thirsty.......

Sorry for rant and thank you for this post!! Love it.. xxxx

I also drink mint, tea, not from the shops but pick it from my garden and add hot water!!! Lemon balm is also a good one xxx
  • suechristian65
    Options
    I keep looking at my wine & thinking "Please God - turn it into water for me" but I'm just gonna have to push the limits tomorrow & rehydrate my body after 46 years of not drinking water. It really does make a difference to your brain functiontho - my kids are quite awful without water!
  • jussy83
    Options
    that's great that you try and get your kids to drink their water :smile:
    education is key to health :flowerforyou:
  • 2fat2doit
    Options
    Is low joule cordial okay to add to the water, sorry but I find water is so boring