Seemed to have reached a plato :-(

Options
Hi everyone,

I have lost 11lbs my target is to lose 13lbs so im very nearly there but for the last 3 weeks i have lost or gained no weight ... i adjusted my weight on my MFP account and it reduced my calories by about 70 less a day. Since then i just cant seem to lose any weight and i really really tried hard last week too, I walked everyday was good with my food and when i weighed in this morning (sundays are my weigh in day ) i was yet again still the same :-(

Is there anything i can do to try and boost my body into losing this last 2lbs ?

Many thanks

Lorri

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Wow! Count yourself lucky cuz he died in 348 BC!

jk... ;p I couldn't resist.

The word is plateau. :)

You're just going to have to stick with it. Give it a few more weeks. You're almost there!
  • nomorearmflab
    Options
    you may need to have a day or two where you work out really hard. I am talking sweat everywhere really hard. and then the next day have a break, relax, don't worry about cals.
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Push yourself to the breaking point for a couple days and take some green tea extract. It's a good natural metabolism booster.
  • MJCalver
    Options
    Hi There,

Did you eat all your calories? Even the ones you burned? I'm only asking because I'm in a similar situation - only it was this week I didn't lose any weight (I actually gained a bit) despite swimming hard out every day, walking places and everything. I didn't eat all my calories though - I came in about 200 under each day. I did some research on google and it started talking about starvation mode. This is when you don't eat enough so your body slows your metabolism right down so you don't lose weight. In order to kick start it back into action you need to maybe reduce how many lbs you want to lose and start eating more. Then it figures out you're not going to run out of food and it starts to burn through fat again and lose weight.

I've not tried it yet - I'm trying this week with eating everything like I'm supposed to and we'll see how it goes!

And don't be afraid to ask for motivation if you need it :happy:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]11066933.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like being plutoed by a plateau....

Im agreeing with Mledieu - sounds like you are in starvation mode if you are remaining in a stagnant no loss/gain situation..
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Wow! Count yourself lucky cuz he died in 348 BC!

jk... ;p I couldn't resist.

The word is plateau. :)

You're just going to have to stick with it. Give it a few more weeks. You're almost there!
    :laugh: I was going to say "You're lucky, I only reached a Socrates"

To be honest, you haven't given very much detail to allow people to give a lot of advice.

What is your calorie intake?
    Do you eat your exercise calories?

There are so many variables that play a part that it is very hard to give advice. :smile:
  • lorriann72
    lorriann72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice so far ... I have been eating all my calorie allowance everyday with the exeption of one day i was under by about 200 .
    MFP says i should have 1260 calories a day and I usually get around 110 extra for walking the dog in the morning which i tend to use those calories aswell.
    I work with young children so am active at work during the day, not much sitting still thats for sure !

Any more advice, help or motivation would be much appreciated

Thank you :happy:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice so far ... I have been eating all my calorie allowance everyday with the exeption of one day i was under by about 200 .
    MFP says i should have 1260 calories a day and I usually get around 110 extra for walking the dog in the morning which i tend to use those calories aswell.
    I work with young children so am active at work during the day, not much sitting still thats for sure !

Any more advice, help or motivation would be much appreciated

Thank you :happy:

Well considering it's only 2 more pounds you want to lose have you considered increasing your calories to bring you closer to your maintenance level (i.e. reducing your wait loss target to say 0.5lb per week)?
  • lorriann72
    lorriann72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I have changed to now lose 0.5lb a week which has changed my calories to 1510 per day ... I will try this for a few weeks and fingers crossed it will do the trick :happy: