Hello! Day 1 is here....finally!

Options
fififox
fififox Posts: 394 Member
Hi there. I've finally done it after lots of procrastinating. I've signed up. God, it's so easy to avoid it, but hard to finally commit.Today is officially day 1. I have managed it twice before for fertility reasons, but allowed 2 pregnancies to act as excuses for totally over indulging, and somehow 'forgot' to stop once my last baby arrived - that was 27 mths ago. I'm retired from the baby stakes now so it's time to get to grips with myself. I need to do it for health reasons as well as I have PCOS that makes me susceptible to certain health issues in the future. My other reasons...I'm tired of finding no joy in shopping...the heart sinking feeling after trying on 3 outfits and wondering why I bothered cos I could have 'told me so' before I bothered. I'm looking forward to that lovely feeling of trying on something and smiling at myself in the mirror again. I also am an older mum with 2 young children and would like to do it for them. I need ot be around a good while longer. My son (6) has already commented many times on my dh's weight so I don't want it to be an issue for him - I hope he will join me on the diet soon as he has done before. It makes it easier to stay on track as well. So, I'm looking forward to getting properly immersed I think it takes a few days and seeing a few lost pounds clocking up. Hopefully I will get good motivation from being here and hopefully help to motivate others by being here. I'm looking forward to meeting you all. Good luck with the weightloss! I had better go find a few buddies : )

Replies

• mantha21
    Options
    hey there this only day 7 for me so lets stick together and get rid of the weight together!!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group :) Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, get into your own groove, and you'll get there in no time!
  • fififox
    Options
    That'd be great Mantha! I't hard to do it alone isn't it. I finf that I do need real structure, like the discipline of logging the foods, charting the loss, etc. to keep me going. I see people saying on other threads about adding people as friends. Do you know how to do that?
  • fififox
    Options
    Thanks Sarscott : )
  • mantha21
    Options
    i just added you as a friend you should have gotten a notification saying so :)
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hello, good luck honey, it can be hard to get going and if u r like me there may be a few slip ups but keep in mind the bigger picture and u will get there, no matter how good or bad the day try to log it all, we are all on here to help each other out,,, u can do this,, feel free to add me if u wood like, xx
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Hun

Like everyone says take one day at a time. Yes you may have a few hiccups along the way, but DONT punish yourself. Just pick yourself up and try again. You CAN do this.

I'll add you as a friend, feel free to ask questions or just chat

Kelly
  • jlpurdham
    jlpurdham Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do great! It's easy to find great support on here! :)
  • fififox
    Options
    Thanks all for the welcome and the welcome encouragement :happy: