Help me out please.

Options
I know asking on here is kind of stupid but i really need to know what to do.
For around 5 days now my breathing has been getting worse and worse. I have to take huge breaths every 3-4 minutes just to feel a little relieve. i also yawn to help this out to. I am using many muscles to breath and really struggling. It use to only be at night but now it is all day. Also now my heart feels like it is going much faster.
i know i should go to the doctors but i want to know if this is worthy of going to the hospital.

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    that is definetly hospital worthy! go now!
  • KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes! Or an after-hours doctor if you think that will be quicker. Good luck.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Go to the hospital now before it gets worse
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    doctor. now
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a nurse and my advice is go to the emergency room now.... and I mean right now....

You need to get this checked out I know it can be scary and there are alot of minor things it could be that could be easily resolved but you don't know that until you get it checked out...

Please let us know how you get on

Lucy
  • savismommy
    Options
    Hospital! Go. I had similar problems and it turned out I had asthma and I've never had that in my life!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    In my experience (many medics in the family) doctors /hospitals are happy to see you about genuine worries - and it sounds as if you are genuinely worried!
    It is much better to go and be seen sooner rather than wait to see if you are an emergency!
    Go - and I hope that you are soon feeling better.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    if its constant i would def get to hospital. if its just for short periods in a day it might be anxiety attack
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Yep .. trouble breathing is definitely a symptom of something that could be quite serious. Anything from a circulatory problem to an allergy attack. Both can be VERY serious.

TIP: If you are any medication or vitamin supplements or pills of ANYKIND .. take them with you!
  • missebony88
    Options
    A friend of mine had this a few weeks ago. fluttery heart and shortness of breath. they kept her in overnight and after many tests gave her an asthma puffer. Apparently some women who are very active can get it. But definately go to the doctors becuase it could be any number of things.
  • branflake5
    Options
    a friend of mine had similar symptoms and it turned out her heart was enlarged and putting pressure on her diaphragm making it very hard and exhausting for her to breathe. u definately should go to the hospital, hopefully its not that serious but better safe than sorry
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Um wow. Yes, hospital. Now.

It seriously amazes me the amount of posts here "it hurts to breathe. I'm having chest pains. What should I do internet?". I'm not trying to be mean. But the internet is not where you ask medical questions. Especially when having difficulty breathing and or chest pains.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You're right, you should go to a doctor or the hospital.
    If for some strange reason you won't do this, please at least call a health helpline and talk to a real person to get advice.
    In my part of the world there is a freecall number that you can dial and you can speak to a nurse who will advice you about whether to go to a doctor/hospital or wait. It isn't as good as seeing someone in person but it is a good first step.