Day 2-Emotional Eaters Group

Options

Replies

• darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Off to go exercise and that helps me to not eat and feel good so if I do make a wrong move with food that I don't feel as guilty and eat out of control!!
  • Propper2dn
    Options
    Hello from Ar! I am new to this site. I would like to join the group. I am a stress eater. I go in and out of stress, some days are good, others not so much. Im 5'3" and weigh 219 lbs. Yup, pretty unhealthy, to say the least. I am on a mission to make the life style change to get back to 140lbs. Pls help me stay motivated and on track.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All good today. But breakfast cereal is the stuff I normally eat when I am anxious, upset or worrying. I am certain that stuff is addictive! Also find that exercise keeps me right.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I did really well yesterday, but today seems to be off to a bad start. I overheard something about lasagna for dinner and I know if it is offered to me I will eat some, even though it is bad for my weight loss and not a satisfying meal (I could eat a whole dinner full and still be hungry!). Stressing over that caused me to have two hashbrowns with mayonnaise. It seems like I'm good for a few days and then something comes up. :frown: I know I don't have to eat it, but I don't know of a way to avoid it without setting off stress that will lead to eating it anyway or eating something else that I shouldn't...

It isn't that you can't have it but just watch the portion size and measure and it is not a food that you want to eat everyday.I know when I hear DIET it makes me want more food and makes me pick unhealthy choices but if you just exercise and watch how much you eat you can have anything and lots of water! You can do it!

It's just hard knowing that even a small portion would be very high in calories and not filling at all. Though I suppose there's the option of filling half my plate with brussels sprouts. I'm sort of hoping for ham and beans, because I don't like those so I would just eat my own healthy food and a small piece of cornbread.

"Diet" does make things harder though, doesn't it? It causes stress over food choices that lead to worse choices later. It's really odd worrying about dinner so early, since it isn't even noon yet, and I've been awake since 1am so I could even be sleeping by the time everyone else sits down to eat.

The only way I like to hear "diet" is when a waitress asks me "Would you like another diet?" :laugh:

I've already had 60 ounces of water, another 1.5 liters with propel mix, and I biked 6 miles.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hello from Ar! I am new to this site. I would like to join the group. I am a stress eater. I go in and out of stress, some days are good, others not so much. Im 5'3" and weigh 219 lbs. Yup, pretty unhealthy, to say the least. I am on a mission to make the life style change to get back to 140lbs. Pls help me stay motivated and on track.

Welcome! Your stats are close to mine when I started out, I'm 5'4" and my high weight was 220 lbs. :)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I did fine yesterday. Didn't have anything upset me. I got hungry in the evening but drank water instead of snacking. I went over my friends house and she offered me a drink (a grown-up one) and I said "no thanks"......I was super proud of myself. So here's to today being another good day!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    All things considered, not doing badly today. Hubby brought McDonald's breakfast here to Mommy's house for everybody. I had a breakfast burrito (300) and hash browns (150.) Could have been a whole lot worse. Will see how the rest of the day goes. More family coming in this afternoon. Oh. Joy. Can't wait. Little brother who (while he may take care of himself at home) has always been reliant on Mommy to cook, clean and do his laundry on his visits. Time for a reality check. He best figure out how to take care of himself while he is here this visit, because I have more important things to do.
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    [Welcome and believe me I get what you are saying but hopefully we can give each other the support where we don't turn to the food,we can come here and vent!

[/quote]
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Great job!:smile: I wish I would had turned to the water but like I said in the post earlier I ate roasted peanuts but I wasn't over the calories for the day so.....but I need to learn to not EAT at night!! Glad you are having a good day!!!

I did fine yesterday. Didn't have anything upset me. I got hungry in the evening but drank water instead of snacking. I went over my friends house and she offered me a drink (a grown-up one) and I said "no thanks"......I was super proud of myself. So here's to today being another good day!
    [/quote]
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    All things considered, not doing badly today. Hubby brought McDonald's breakfast here to Mommy's house for everybody. I had a breakfast burrito (300) and hash browns (150.) Could have been a whole lot worse. Will see how the rest of the day goes. More family coming in this afternoon. Oh. Joy. Can't wait. Little brother who (while he may take care of himself at home) has always been reliant on Mommy to cook, clean and do his laundry on his visits. Time for a reality check. He best figure out how to take care of himself while he is here this visit, because I have more important things to do.
    [/quote

I agree it could of been worse especially what you are going through right now! You just need to remember if you can to vent the feelings and hopefully that will help you top get through without using food. I been where you are at and I wish I had something like this when I was going through it! Prayers and hugs for you and your family!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    i was the opposite..when i was sad, or mad, etc, i wouldnt eat at all, time frame was varied depending on what emotion i was feeling..good luck to you all:flowerforyou:
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    i was the opposite..when i was sad, or mad, etc, i wouldnt eat at all, time frame was varied depending on what emotion i was feeling..good luck to you all:flowerforyou:
  • darlandbaird
    Options
  • darlandbaird
    Options
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    I did really well yesterday, but today seems to be off to a bad start. I overheard something about lasagna for dinner and I know if it is offered to me I will eat some, even though it is bad for my weight loss and not a satisfying meal (I could eat a whole dinner full and still be hungry!). Stressing over that caused me to have two hashbrowns with mayonnaise. It seems like I'm good for a few days and then something comes up. :frown: I know I don't have to eat it, but I don't know of a way to avoid it without setting off stress that will lead to eating it anyway or eating something else that I shouldn't...

It isn't that you can't have it but just watch the portion size and measure and it is not a food that you want to eat everyday.I know when I hear DIET it makes me want more food and makes me pick unhealthy choices but if you just exercise and watch how much you eat you can have anything and lots of water! You can do it!

It's just hard knowing that even a small portion would be very high in calories and not filling at all. Though I suppose there's the option of filling half my plate with brussels sprouts. I'm sort of hoping for ham and beans, because I don't like those so I would just eat my own healthy food and a small piece of cornbread.

"Diet" does make things harder though, doesn't it? It causes stress over food choices that lead to worse choices later. It's really odd worrying about dinner so early, since it isn't even noon yet, and I've been awake since 1am so I could even be sleeping by the time everyone else sits down to eat.

The only way I like to hear "diet" is when a waitress asks me "Would you like another diet?" :laugh:

I've already had 60 ounces of water, another 1.5 liters with propel mix, and I biked 6 miles.

Wow you are doing really good with the water and exercise!:smile: For me I am just trying to make sure i jornal my food and make healthy choices and when wanting sweets which is my down fall,pick out a lower calorie/carb one. When I say Diet,it for me makes me more nervous and then if I say I am just trying to eat more healthy and make better choices,you know what I mean? Everyone is differnt how they view things so what ever works for you is great!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Ok just got back from the gym me and hubby. I did 15 minutes on the spin bike I think it is called that and did 15 minutes on Threadmill and did a few minutes on stair climber,now that one wore me out. And did a little on machines. Burned 278 calories, I am doing the happy dance,well happy but not dancing so well! LOL I have been sore getting used to exercising again!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    10251068.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    hey all, had a good day, a late spinning class yesterday(90min) some work around the house, both breakfast and lunch are always good for me, and most dinners....its always the after dinner snack (treat) that break me (specially if i am upset)....well though i am presently worried about one of my children, i DID NOT give in to eating just to eat....so yesterday was a good day...

today went to the gym in the morning, and my meals have been on track...

thanks for this thread, it really helps
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    hey all, had a good day, a late spinning class yesterday(90min) some work around the house, both breakfast and lunch are always good for me, and most dinners....its always the after dinner snack (treat) that break me (specially if i am upset)....well though i am presently worried about one of my children, i DID NOT give in to eating just to eat....so yesterday was a good day...

today went to the gym in the morning, and my meals have been on track...

thanks for this thread, it really helps

Sounds like you are doing good,great job!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Well another day done! Today was a good day for me and glad to hear others were having a good day as well! I feel I made good choices and even was able to have a couple sweet things that were good and not loaded with calories and etc. Going to watch a little tv and then off to bed I go as I have to be up by 5am and be at work at 6:30 AM. and work till 11 am and then off to the gym I go to work out( strength training tomorrow) Then come home and watch my 1 and only soap and do some stuff around the house and then off to take a nap and then back to work at 7:30 pm till 11 pm. I live about a 1/2 hour from where I work so.....and I have some odd hours but I do In home care/private a person twice a month. So will see you all back here tomorrow! God Bless!!:smile: