Any ladies have clothes they want to donate to me?!

Options
Hi all! I can't afford to buy new clothes, but most of my clothes are too baggy. I'm constantly pulling my pants up at work. Not fun! but it makes me happy. Is there anyone out there that usually donates their clothes anyway, and would want to share with me? I will definitely pay it forward! i think I am in XL shirts now and size 18 pants. thanks for considering me!

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shopping consignment shops?
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I hope you get some clothes donated. In the meantime have you considered your local charity shops. I am having the same problem as you and found a nice top and pants very very cheap in our local shop (£4.50 all in). Also consider having your clothes altered to fit you, a lot cheaper than replacing them.

All the best.
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I may have a few things I could donate but I'll have to look through my stuff.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have some size 18 in my closet right now waiting to go to a new home :) you are welcome to them !!

Valarie
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    For what it would cost to ship it you could find a couple things at your local thrift store.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Definitely look at thrift shops (especially when they have sale days and everything is additionally 50% off or whatever)

Even to buy a few sets of transition clothes, knowing you're still on your weight loss journey and will need new clothes again in a few months.
  • tiffani1972
    tiffani1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my closet the beginning of summer and I still have about 15 pairs of size 18 and 16 pants you can have! I have long legs so they are all talls.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    where do you live ???
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    I live in Maryland. If you have clothes to share and you're not to far, could you send me a personal message?
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    I've never been one to shop at thrift stores, so that didn't even cross my mind. Thanks ladies!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am not your size, but when you get to 14's let me know.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    If I had I would, good luck
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, sometimes people post on craigslist "I have a bag of size xxx clothes to give away or for $10 etc..." Then you'd get a whole bag of stuff...you could try searching and see what comes up.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am not your size, but I just wanted to say this is a really interesting concept to me. You could ship ALOT of clothing for $12.00. Way more than you could purchase at a thrift store for $12.00.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You could try Freecycle. I see things on there a lot about clothing being given away or needed due to weight loss.
  • lizhipwell
    Options
    You could try Freecycle. I see things on there a lot about being given away or needed due to weight loss.

I agree! I've used freecycle and it's great! The only thing is, they really want people to pay it forward and donate in kind...

Good luck!!