Favorite stores for petite sizes?

NotGoddess
NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
edited October 3 in Chit-Chat
Somehow I've managed to get to a size 4 petite. Part of me thinks it's crazy because I've still got a tummy but I guess it's vanity sizing gone wild.

The problem is 4p is the smallest petite size they sell at my store of choice (Kohl's). I need to find some new shops where I can buy business casual clothes. Preferably not too expensive. Does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Old Navy -- I'm also petite and I find their clothes fit me great !
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Do you have a Steinmart? They have a great petite section.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I love Banana Republic's petite section.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    JC Penney is great and they always have sales going on! My fav store
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    I don't know what size I am exactly...but I'm short and kinda small and I get most of my clothes from Forever21 or H&M...reasonably priced and cute!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Do you have a Steinmart? They have a great petite section.

Agreed! Steinmart is awesome.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    I like Ann Taylor Loft. I cant wear petite but they have a whole section. Also INC has a petite collection at Macy's
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    I agree with Old Navy. And by the way, Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are all the same company. You just get to choose how much you want to spend for the same items. :tongue:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I agree with Old Navy. And by the way, Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are all the same company. You just get to choose how much you want to spend for the same items. :tongue:

Actually, you choose how much you want to spend in relation to the quality of the item.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Honestly....JCPenny! I am five feet tall and usually have the hardest time with pants (and tops, due to length) and have had GREAT success! I was able to find capris and bermuda shorts that fit GREAT! I play lots of tennis, so the shorts have done me well!

They also have some kick *kitten* pencil skirts...I bought one in a size 6 (I'm in a 10-12 currently) on purpose, I plan on fitting into it by Spring.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    We used to have a Steinmart here, but it closed :( I loved shopping there. I didn't realize it was a chain.
    I'll check out JCP- I used to find good deals there but haven't been for a while so it's time for a re-visit.
    It's funny, but I always thought of Old Navy as the 'jeans and hoodies' store-guess they have more than I thought!
    I think there's a ATL at the new mall. I know there is a Macy's so I'll check them out.
    I also need to check Von Maur again-they have a great petite section but I haven't been there since last year.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Again, it's an awesome problem to have given that last year I figured I'd have to start shopping at Lane Bryant.
  • I loveeeeee getting my jeans from Ann Taylor Loft. They're like the perfect size for my legs! It's the first place I've ever found something that truly fits hahahah! Other than that, I just shop in the normal section for stores and don't get it if it doesn't fit me enough...
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Reitmans! Love, hearts, candy,and all affection and smushy thoughts from me to whoever started up Reitmans. I'm guessing its named after him/her.
    If you do not have Reitmans wherever you live, please message me your mailing address so I can send you a sympathy card. :-)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Honestly....JCPenny! I am five feet tall and usually have the hardest time with pants (and tops, due to length) and have had GREAT success! I was able to find capris and bermuda shorts that fit GREAT! I play lots of tennis, so the shorts have done me well!

They also have some kick *kitten* pencil skirts...I bought one in a size 6 (I'm in a 10-12 currently) on purpose, I plan on fitting into it by Spring.

I agree, I love JCpennies haha :D Im 4'10" and just...love that place XD

I also recommend Ross as they get a random assortment, and some things are really small~

And finally, the kid section sometimes works ^^ I wear stuff from there and ppl have never said anything XD
  • redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Well.... I'm 4'10.5" - 4'11", and it's just cheaper to buy girl's clothing sometimes. I am tired of trying and altering women's clothing, when basic girl's clothing (especially the basic crew-neck shirts, yoga pants, etc) are SO much cheaper. Just my two cents! Then I can go to the major brands - Gap, Old Navy, PS from Aeropostale, etc - and get good clothing for at LEAST $10-$30 off what I might otherwise, if the style isn't too "girly". Coats especially are cheaper. Delia's is good for shorties, too...and they go lower in sizes as they are a preteen/teen brand.

Any shorties want to add me, feel free. :)
  • redheadlynn
    redheadlynn Posts: 28 Member
    Gap has good-quality under-size-4 petite clothing. Banana Republic does also, and their sizing is smaller than others, so you could get away with a higher size there (a 6 or an 8) and still wear their stuff if you lose more weight. However, they are PRICY.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    I love Jcrew - but I always always wait for a sale. Their petites are petite everywhere - not just length - so
    when I was a 4 regular, I usually needed a 6 petite.
This discussion has been closed.