Buyer's Remorse (Body Media Fit)?

Options
Okay. So I clicked on MFP's add for the Body Media Fit and I learned a little. I searched the message boards and learned a little more. But I still have some questions.

1. Is there anyone here that regrets buying it and why?
2. Is the subscription service necessary to use the device?
3. If you have one, what DON'T you like about the device?
4. If you have one, how long have you had it?
5. If you have one, have you had any malfunctions or technical difficulties with it?

Thanks for the help. I hope I get some good responses.

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Great questions. Sorry I have no answers for you, hopefully other members will.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg (pretty much the same thing) and I used it for over a year. I REALLY loved using it. I felt pretty guilty when I bought mine too, but it really helped me learn a lot about why I got fat in the first place, helped me lose the weight, and showed me how to avoid getting that way again. I don't wear it anymore, but I've been considering pulling it out again (especially now that I'm not wearing summer shirts anymore). I'm trying to get off the last 10 pounds (15 now that I gained some back), and I'm wondering if it might help me again. With the body bugg, you do need the subscription. But it was well worth the money (for me). Good luck!! I hope you love it!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/content/mlp/1799/360WLN/default.html?src=WAFTJMA0027

Is it like this one?? It says you have to have a subscription for it. I'm considering it, so I'd love to read more feedback.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/content/mlp/1799/360WLN/default.html?src=WAFTJMA0027

Is it like this one?? It says you have to have a subscription for it. I'm considering it, so I'd love to read more feedback.

Yep. That's it. As expensive as the device already is, it would be nice if they didn't find new ways to charge us more money.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    1. Is there anyone here that regrets buying it and why? I get buyers remorse at first, but after the first day, I was hooked!
    2. Is the subscription service necessary to use the device? Yes, sadly
    3. If you have one, what DON'T you like about the device? The device is awesome. Their food database is pathetic compared to this one! There is an option to add on a daily assumption of calories. I count here and add that in.
    4. If you have one, how long have you had it? About a month!
    5. If you have one, have you had any malfunctions or technical difficulties with it? Not yet! It's been worth every penny so far!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    @ swhitney2, I know what you mean. I was trying to find the subscription price, but couldn't. I did send an email asking , but I haven't heard back yet.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and the only thing I don't like about it is that you have to pay the monthly subscription to be able to use it. It is about 10 dollars a month unless you buy 6 months or a year subscription and then you get a discount. I usually buy 6 months at a time. I quit wearing it through the summer, don't like it showing and people asking questions, but that is just me. I just renewed my subscription because I have lost some weight since I last wore it and was curious how I was burning again. I love getting exercise burns from it and love my daily burns to see if my calories eaten back are in check. I think overall, you can certainly lose weight without one, but it can be eye opening and motivate you to move too. Just another tool in your weight loss tool belt. I also prefer to track food here, I just use their site for uploading calorie burns, weighing in, and looking at calorie burn charts and setting goals. It's not a bad site, just prefer this one. If you get one, I highly recommend the watch to go with it so you can get real time information from it. Without it, you have to upload it to see what is happening. I can look at the monitor/watch and see what I am currently burning per minute and where my daily total is, where my step count it, how much I have burned in a "trip"-I like to use that for workouts or extra activities throughout the day. Really eye opening to see you are burning the same sitting on the couch as you do sleeping at night, ha! I have had mine for a while now and have had no technical difficulties. I probably just jinxed myself! Would I buy another one if this one broke? Probably not, but that is because I have already learned so much about what, when and how I burn calories. As long as this one is with me, I will probably keep wearing in 6 month spurts, even during maintenance, if I ever get there! HTH
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    @ swhitney2, I know what you mean. I was trying to find the subscription price, but couldn't. I did send an email asking , but I haven't heard back yet.

I found the subscription prices. They aren't bad. They are $6.95 a month for a year, $9.95 a month for six months, and $12.95 a month on a month-to-month basis.

I just don't know if its for me. I have already done a great job without it for the last six months and I only see myself continuing to lose weight for another six months. I just don't know if its worth its total cost.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as necessary for weight loss. Then again, I don't see any HRM's as necessary either. I personally can't justify the expense for any of those devices, and like you, I'm doing pretty well without them, have had no trouble losing without one, so I can't see myself spending money on one.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as necessary for weight loss. Then again, I don't see any HRM's as necessary either. I personally can't justify the expense for any of those devices, and like you, I'm doing pretty well without them, have had no trouble losing without one, so I can't see myself spending money on one.
    Yes, I am starting to agree. I really wanted one but they are expensive. There are many many calorie calculators on the internet, so if I use them and just estimate my burn and then log even LESS, I figure I can still eat more and be ahead of the game!
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how often they're listed but I bought a year subscription code on ebay for under 30 bucks. I love mine!