Starbucks! Anyone Addicted?

Options
2»

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I drink Starbucks regularly. The various things I do to insure they are low calorie are:

Never order Venti unless it's an unsweetened iced tea or coffee. I order Tall or Grande.

Order coffee, not a latte, etc. I get the Cafe Misto a lot. It's steamed milk with coffee. Tastes close to a latte, but way less calories and money.

Order a cappuccino. Excellent strong coffee taste withe far fewer calories than a latte. One of my favorite drinks.

If you drink milk, have skim milk versions of your drinks. I have to use soy, but skim is great for those that can handle regular milk.

Never get whipped cream.

Make it a point to check out their website for the low calorie drinks. They are good about posting all their nutrition information.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate Starbucks... the coffee tastes awful, in my opinion. Their fancier items with tons of sugar and syrup taste good of course, but I just can't get past paying $5 for something that will most definitely put me over my daily calories... it's a lose-lose situation.

I like Einstein's coffee much more... and Dunkin Donuts. I use 2% milk and 2 sugars... it's much healthier (60-70 calories), and also less expensive. Win. :)
  • Gemsmommy2010
    Options
    I used to be a HUGE starbucks fan - but I quit coffee completely while I was pregnant and for the first few months of nursing. Now that I'm back to coffee - I prefer a yummy organic blend made in a french press at home. I'm addicted to the sugar free coffeemate - but I'm no longer a slave to the starbucks empire! Not to mention I HATE their new logo!

French press coffee at home FTW!
  • much2gain
    Options
    LOVE Starbucks... just get sugar free syrups, non-fat milk and NO whip.. EVER! I also ask for no foam so I get all the coffee/milk/yumminess. ;)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I don't go there often since their drinks are so inconsistent. I hate when they just taste burnt. When I do go, I love the skinny cinnamon dolce latte. It's 90 cals for a tall.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I now get a grande non-fat wet cappucino for 80 calories. I don't know how many calories the sugar free syrup is but sometimes for a little treat I get sugar free hazelnut. YUMMY!!!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate Starbucks... the coffee tastes awful, in my opinion. Their fancier items with tons of sugar and syrup taste good of course, but I just can't get past paying $5 for something that will most definitely put me over my daily calories... it's a lose-lose situation.

Yes. Their coffee tastes like burned assnuggets.

As far as their sugary drinks go, I prefer the McDonald's versions. They taste better and are cheaper. Still high-cal, so they are definitely rare treats.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    <raises hands wildly> Me, Me, Me...I am addicted!

There is a Starbucks within my workplace! It is my money-pit~ I drink unsweetened green tea and non-fat chocolate smoothies. The smoothie has 250 cals and 18 gms of protein...also a good calcium source! I use it as a meal replacement~