another newbie

Options
Just found this web-site this week. Entered a biggest loser contest in Toledo,Ohio. I am at 283 lbs. want to get to 200lbs. I dieted before and Atkins seems to work for me. I know its not for everyone but I can do without bread and pasta and sweets. Love fish, meat, cheese etc. Could use some advice on how to maintain after I reach my goal.

Replies

• patfiddler
    Options
    Hi my name is pat fiddler I have doing this for 100 days now. Just don't get discouraged, if it does not come off as fast as you won't it to. I am older and it is a struggle every day. But on the other hand , it makes you feal so good when you see the numbers fall on the scale. My sister is 12 years younger than myself, she has been doing this for 110 days , she has lost 38.4 lbs so it really does work. So good luck I would like to help you when I can.
  • getdown190
    Options
    Thanks Pat. My real name is John and I'm somewhat old too(57). I'm trying not to weigh everyday, once maybe twice a week so I won't get discouraged if I don't see results everyday. Got two more days to see how I did in my first week. I'll keep you posted.
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LOL ~ Hey now John ... I am the younger sister and I am 58.
    If I can do it, so can you!!!
    Pat & I are here for you, Friend us both and we will help to motivate you.
    Just remember what Pat said... Don't get discouraged! This really works!!
    Oh and DRINK :drinker: LOTS OF WATER!!!!!! :smile:
  • HAAAlol
    Options
    First day here, I weigh 185 Ibs and planing to lose as much as I can. planning to cut calories, work out and take Adipex for 2 mons only to get ahead start. any one trying that? wish all good luck.