New person

Options
Well, I say new. I signed up to this a while ago and managed to lose a *bit* of weight. But managed to put it back on.

Hi, I'm a student at wolverhampton uni, always been called fat as I've always been a bit "bigger" (even during my childhood years and was skinnier than most of the others...kids can be cruel) After a recent change in events, and watching a show on channel 4 called "Embarrassing fat bodies", I've decided to make a long-term commitment to shifting some/most of my weight. Since my last measurement on here I've lost 17lb.

Got myself weighed the other day and it read 17 stone. Whilst that is still very heavy, I haven't seen that weight on me in years and I ended up breaking down in the store.

Yes I'm rambling, no I don't care. All I know is that I'm more determined now to lose weight than ever before, and for all the new people joining/reading this. Good luck.

Craig

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All is not lost Craig, you're in the right place!

R
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too !
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is a great first step on what I'm sure will be a fantastic journey. Embrace it and enjoy it - it's so worth the effort :)
  • chnth
    chnth Posts: 1
    Options
    hi, i am new to this! at my age this is very hard to do but i am border mline diabetic and truly need some support to do this
  • GTaylor615
    GTaylor615 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it Craig, because it sounds to me like you WANT this! I'm 42 and just went back to college this past semester, and it's tough some days to juggle homework, honey-do's, and make time to exercise, BUT "we" can do anything if we want it bad enough right? Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I would love to keep in touch and we can keep eachother motivated.
  • kahavi
    kahavi Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome, Craig, you're among friends here. We'll root for you every step of the way. :)
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Sincerely, Thank you.