Needing Inspiration

Options
I am struggling today. :frown:

Where do you find your inspiration and motivation when you're feeling down and completely out of sorts?

Replies

• scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    From my MFP friends. We all pick each other up when we're down. We're with you, girl!! You can do this!!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I keep reminding myself after taking care of everyone else all the years, I am finally taking care of me. Like the other poster said, MFP friends and stories offer so much in support and inspiration. Also, if I mess up one day, I get back on the next. No one is perfect and everyone is different. Good Luck
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    You go girl!! We are all here for you. Everyone has a bad day but you have to make it better, go for a walk once you get moving you might just feel better and get out of the FUNK!!!

Add me if you would like. I love all the support this site gives us!
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    EXCERCISE:grumble: .................DOES IT FOR ME!!!:laugh:
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

Inspiration and motivation can be hard but one thing I learnt early was to break down my weight loss into small achievable targets and reward myself...

Here is my list try making one for yourself then you can think oh only 4lbs to go till ...????

My example list

Starting weight – 324lbs

Goal 1 – 300lbs – I like round numbers.

Goal 2 – 270lbs – Go for the spa day that was a leaving present from my last job but that I feel too fat to go to.

Goal 3– 252lbs – The weight I need to be to be able to drive an Aston Martin on a track day and I will be treating
    myself to this.

Goal 4 – 238lbs – Complete my PADI open water diving certificate

Goal 5 - 225lbs – White water rafting in Scotland

Goal 6– 210lbs – The weight I need to be for a Horse riding weekend in Wales, I used to love this when I was lighter and fitter.

Lucy
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this about once a week, and I think it's because of my low carb diet, but I'm prediabetic and on the cusp of becoming diabetic, so I absolutely, positively can't let myself take a "break" and eat carbs. I have a new friend here who is also fighting off diabetes who posted on his profile that one of his inspirations is a fear of needles. That works for me too! I find exercise helps until about an hour after finishing, and then the blues comes back. Strangely, it helps me to take a really shower. Sometimes a nap will help. A good night's sleep will usually set things right, but the challenge for me is to get through the down days.
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Wow, my inspiration comes from many sources. For example, I had a pretty crappy few days and people "around here" were helpful with different tips and ideas. The one thing I don't do well with is lectures and I just dismiss those and move on. I try to think of my future and how I want to be healthy and live a long and productive life. Sometimes fear helps! I don't want to be sick. But most of all I get inspiration from my husband and my kids. They are very encouraging and try to help me all the time by eating what I eat and cheering me on. Use me! If you want to vent, or throw some ideas around. Whatever you need!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    At the bottom of a can of pink rockstar;-)
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Lucy, I'm going to do that now!