Who else gets frustrated when you don't like a certain food?

Options
For me it's strawberries. They SEEM so good and LOOK so good and I like them in smoothies but when it comes to straight up strawberries, I cannot get myself to like them!

Replies

• cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand melons. Any kind. Watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe...any of them. My friends always have them as healthy snacks, and they look sooooooooo good, but as soon as I take a bite I'm ready to spit it out.
    I know how you feel!!
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes! I feel your pain! But not so much with fruits, more vegetables. There are quite a few that I like in purees but not in their natural form (onions, peppers, tomatoes) and it is rather frustrating. Even asparagus... I got some in a mixed grilled veg for lunch and literally forced myself to eat them. But, if you keep trying your palette may change. Hopefully! :ohwell:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If I don't like something, I don't eat it!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    So you like the flavor of strawberry, but not the berry itself? Could be the texture or the seeds that you don't care for. For me it is the yolk of a hard boiled egg. I like them in deviled eggs, egg salad, chopped on salads, but not by themselves. Just can't do it, it feels like it is coming right back up if I do.
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I really wish I liked fish b/c it is so good for you, but I cannot stomach it! Never have been able to.
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Chips (or French Fries if that's what you call them where you are). They always smell so very good.
    I don't mind an oven chip from time to time, but chips/fries are a great injustice visited upon the potato.
  • zippydeedo
    zippydeedo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine is bell peppers! They add color and are shiny and bright, but blah! I can't stand them. And they seem to be in all prepacked frozen foods and even at restaurants a lot. Feel like a kid that picks out the food I don't like and put them on a little appetizer plate. :)
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. No-one can believe that I don't like strawberries. But the fact is, strawberries are not strawberry flavoured like, say, milkshakes or strawberry sweets. The real thing is so disappointing.
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    Brown rice! I force myself to eat it but end taking the half cup of white jasmine rice instead! I hate old fashioned oatmeal unless it's drenched with sugars but then what is the point?? Even adding fruit won't help me to eat a full seving size. Fat free cottage cheese is the absolute worse:sick: !!!
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    So you like the flavor of strawberry, but not the berry itself? Could be the texture or the seeds that you don't care for. For me it is the yolk of a hard boiled egg. I like them in deviled eggs, egg salad, chopped on salads, but not by themselves. Just can't do it, it feels like it is coming right back up if I do.

HaHa!! I am the same with this too!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I hate strawberries because of the seeds! Millions of the buggers!

I wish i like veg too, but alas, i dont :(
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Mine is green tea. It's supposed to be so good for you and even help you lose weight but it's so freaking disgusting to me. Other than that, I'll pretty much eat anything.

Though I do have a hard time with salad. It makes me feel a little sick if I'm actually hungry when I eat it, so I don't eat as much of it as I should. I definitely need to eat more veggies but I need some protein and carbs to go with them.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, oatmeal and yeah oatmeal. Some of the flavours smell so good and it's so good for you. I can not get it into my mouth, the second I do I start to gag.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    YES! I cannot eat seafood, try as I might...I just don't like the taste and I really WANT to like it! It's very frustrating because seafood is so healthy and good for you, but as soon as I put it in my mouth, my tummy does sumersalts :P
  • Ruby11222
    Ruby11222 Posts: 114
    Options
    It bothers me that I won't eat berries, the grit in my teeth, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I won't eat berry yogurts, or yogurt with passionfruit seeds!
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    i pretend to be allergic to broccoli... can't stand it, always hated it, and when i see a bag of frozen veggies with brocc in the pic, i go to corn or peas..
    can't do cauliflower either... looks like brains.. :sick:
  • mk0811
    mk0811 Posts: 10
    Options
    For me it's bell peppers and spaghetti squash. Blech. And raw blueberries and tomatoes - I like them cooked in things, but something about their texture raw gets me. I'm also not on board with the whole Greek yogurt thing yet - still trying to like it.

Now I feel terribly picky after writing all that out!
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Fish - I wish I liked it, it can be soooo good for you! But the smell, and the look of it... ugh. Just thinking about it makes me want to barf!
    Melons/Squash - I can't do it. I could puree squash into something and handle it, but not on its own. No amount of EVOO will salvage zucchini for me :-(
    Salad gets to me after a while (all lettuce flavors), I get burnt out on it very easily.

On the flip side - I love broccoli, green beans, sauteed onions/peppers and a few others. And I've found ways to make my blah oatmeal taste really great (honey, peanut butter, raisins, apples, splenda)!
  • gemini0007
    gemini0007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. No-one can believe that I don't like strawberries. But the fact is, strawberries are not strawberry flavoured like, say, milkshakes or strawberry sweets. The real thing is so disappointing.

Ha - I am exactly the opposite of you - I LOVE fresh strawberries, but can not stand strawberry flavoured anything - will not eat strawberry yoghurt, ice cream.