Hello! I'm Sharelle.

Options
Hi. I'm Sharelle. I live in Oregon. I'm nineteen years old. I am extreamly overweight. My goal is to lose about 210 pounds. Today is day one of my lifestyle change. Thats what I'm calling it. Its not a diet, its a lifestyle change. I want to give my life a 360 degree turn. I ate a good breakfast and drank some green tea and now I'm getting ready to go walking and maybe do a workout video. Today, my motivation level is really high but thats just because its day one. Usually, I only stick to my "diets" for a month and then quit, even if i lose a good amount of weight. Then I gain all the weight back and more. So I think the biggest problem I'll have to overcome is sticking with this and not quitting. I would love to have some of you add me as a friend so we can share tips, and to help keep me motivated and on track. Thanks for reading!

Sharelle =)

Replies

• LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome!
    You didn't gain it over night, so don't try to lose it that way. Be consistent and realize you're human. if you screw up for a day, week, or month don't give up. Don't quit! Pick it up the next day and keep going!
    We have all been there and are here to help!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Welcome Sharelle! You've come to the right place. This website and all the awesome people here are helping me stay on track, even in those days when I feel really lazy to log my food or things like that.

Something that might help you is allow your friends to see your diary, so that they can keep an eye on you as well.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck in your lifestyle change! Great way to call it :)
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Welcome!
    You didn't gain it over night, so don't try to lose it that way. Be consistent and realize you're human. if you screw up for a day, week, or month don't give up. Don't quit! Pick it up the next day and keep going!
    We have all been there and are here to help!!!

I agree 100% :)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome! I think with the attitude you have you will be successful this time. MFP will help also! A bunch of people doing the same thing you are. Getting healthy. We encourage when you are down and cheer your successes. Good luck!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place to start making a lifestyle change and have everyone cheer u on!
  • aj41568
    Options
    Welcome Sharelle, This a great site that has really helped me stay on track, you can find great support and info.
    Best of Luck!