Advice needed from those more experienced

Options
I am almost done with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I have done it every day and have not skipped any. After today I have 4 more days and don't anticipate missing!!! I'm very proud that I've been able to complete this total 30 day journey.

But I also know that working out every day with no break is not always the best either. My plan is to do the 30 DS again and go through the levels instead of 1 for 10 days (like Day 1 Level 1, Day 2 Level 2, Day 3 Level 3, Day 4 Level 1, etc). I was wondering what are the opinions of those who have a clue about exercising and working out about days off. I don't want to over extend myself and get hurt and do not want to feel bad if I'm having a particularly painful day to take a break.

What do you all think a reasonable and doable schedule is for working out? Teach me!!!

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think you should do whatever you can handle.

I completed the 30 Day Shred a while ago and the other day I wanted a longer workout and more "calories burned" so I did 30 Day Shred Level 1, 2, AND 3 all in a row!!

It was awesome and I felt like I really accomplished something BIG!

I DO take at least one day off per week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would say make sure u have one day off per week at least, aftre that its up to you how much you feel you want and can do. Rest is as important as the workouts though, just keep that in mind!
  • tksolis
    Options
    Definitely take one day off per week. Your muscles need to repair themselves, and not allowing them to do so makes you more prone to injury. An injury will just slow your progress down. Also, I personally always notice an improvement in my stamina, energy, and form the day after my rest day.