how long it took you to lose your first stone!

Options
KatieMiaX
KatieMiaX Posts: 55 Member
so i have lost 15 lb and it took me about since april (about 7 months ish)
to loose a stone
but i didnt stay healthy eating or working out so i could have lost more

and my tracker didnt work the first times so it doesn't show properly

how long did it take you??????

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i lost a stone in 12 weeks, am working on chosing a maintenance weight i am happy with now.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Took me about 4 weeks. BUT I was eating REALLY poorly beforehand and was not exercising at all, so it just fell right off.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    2-3 months but some of it was lost before here/ but I had ost about 8 stone in about 4 years then got pregnant. Just now needed to lose the last 3, down to two now x

I work out quite a bit and have quite an active life. I also have been really watching what I eat.
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    Took me about four months, but I had the same problem as you, i.e. not working out or eating properly I was losing one pound every two weeks or something which is sorry because I could have lost more! The main thing is though, not so much how quickly you lose, but the fact that you are LOSING :)

Keep up the good work!
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i just restarted my journey in august and it took me a month. i gained 4 pounds of muscle from all the exercise but i can live with that
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Took me about 4 weeks. But that was working out 4 times a week, and following a strict 50/30/20 protein carb fat 1800 calories diet. Didn't cheat once and the weight was falling off :) went to Spain for a week and out about 5 lbs back on hahaha but now I'm back at it and bringing it harder than ever :D
  • cobblers88
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I have dieted many times before and NEVER break the stone mark!
    I'm a week into my new diet and am yet to weigh myself so this is great inspiration!!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    It took 12 weeks, but had 2 short holidays and 3 days away on business in that time so put a couple of lbs on here and there and lost them again. I reckon I would have achieved it a little quicker only for staying in hotels,

Have lost 2lbs just this week so am really tyring hard now..to get to my goal weight before Xmas..so 8lbs to go whoo hoo ;-)

Oh have to edit cos I would have had 8lbs to go but now remember I shifted the goal posts from my original wanting to get to 150lbs to 145..so got 13lbs to go ;-(
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Took me about 5 weeks...but I had 60 lbs to lose total. Only about 35 to go now! :happy:
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Dumb question.......What is a stone?
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 weeks however I have waaaaay more to lose than you :)
  • cobblers88
    Options
    14lbs, 6.3Kg
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options

14 lbs, it's a uk measure
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Its a common British unit 1 stone = 14lbs
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My first stone i lost in 8 weeeks! All thanks to Slimfast :D
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It took four weeks to lose my first stone, another four weeks for the second, and then I had a three week plateau followed by four weeks to lose my third stone. I try to workout 5 days a week, which I kept up until 2 weeks ago, but school has been so busy I've only worked out once since then but still lost 6 lbs *shrug*. Just watching what I eat.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Six weeks for me.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much overweight you're starting out at. The heavier you are, the quicker; the slimmer, the longer. That said, it took me about 5/6 weeks.
  • CamiXiomara
    Options

There aren't no dumb questions. But a stone is a measurement in UK. It's about 14 lbs or 6.35 Kg. I hope this helped.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as a dumb question....

Us Aussie use to also weigh in stones but we went metric years ago........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!