Bright, yellow...

Options
Piss.

I'm not sure where this thread should go. I've noticed that since I've started really watching my eating and exercising, my urine has been bright yellow. I always thought that when it's a little different in color, that means you're probably dehydrated. I looked it up and MSN Health said, "you’re simply pissing away all of your expensive supplements." Am I really just peeing out my multivitamin? I take it with cereal so that it gets absorbed and that doesn't happen.

Anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas on what is going on? :/

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's in the vitamin. Some brands will do that, neon yellow.

I'd be more concerned if you peed out the pill itself.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've been taking the multivitamin for a while now, actually. And this change in color is a recent change.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Red Bull gives me Ninja Turtle pee.

I never get the wings. I feel cheated.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I see in your diary that some days you aren't drinking a lot of water. That could be part of it. It's a viual cue to me that I need to bump up my intake...
  • skierxjes
    Options

That's the only other time I've seen it like this.. After drinking an energy drink. Which, I haven't had one in months. :/
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? It sounds like you may be dehydrated.
  • gerrod81
    Options
    Its something being expelled that your body has deemed unnecessary. Probably excess vitamins. I know if I take a MV, my pee looks like yellow highlighter juice. Dark orange hue and strong odor is typically dehydration. Try upping your water intake and examining the foods you're eating. If its a huge concern, contact your doctor for a urinalysis. Quick, painless and will put you at ease.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    I drink ALOT more than I used to.. haha I used to drink maybe 2 cups of water a day otherwise I stuck to milk
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I take my multivitamin... My first few urines in the morning is yellow. I'm sure it's because of the vitamins because I drink about 4 liters of water daily.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Generally the bright yellow urine is caused by B vitamins. I take a super high dose b-12 from time to time so I've experienced this Some of your vitamins are just naturally not going to have time to be absorbed. Some vitamins tend to be more water soluble or fat soluble, so it could change depending on what you eat with it.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    Its something being expelled that your body has deemed unnecessary. Probably excess vitamins. I know if I take a MV, my pee looks like yellow highlighter juice. Dark orange hue and strong odor is typically dehydration. Try upping your water intake and examining the foods you're eating. If its a huge concern, contact your doctor for a urinalysis. Quick, painless and will put you at ease.

Definitely not dark orange or smelly... Must just be the extra vitamins coming out...
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Food, beverages, dyes in food, supplements and health can cause varying color, odor, and clarity.
    This article is fairly informative.... http://www.urinecolors.com/
  • LAWIII
    LAWIII Posts: 50
    Options
    Piss.

I'm not sure where this thread should go. I've noticed that since I've started really watching my eating and exercising, my urine has been bright yellow. I always thought that when it's a little different in color, that means you're probably dehydrated. I looked it up and MSN Health said, "you’re simply pissing away all of your expensive supplements." Am I really just peeing out my multivitamin? I take it with cereal so that it gets absorbed and that doesn't happen.

Anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas on what is going on? :/

That is normal with vitamin B supplementation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riboflavin That said, be sure to always drink plenty of water.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Yep multi vitamins do it everytime ;-)

Iron affects you also..blackens your poop ...

enjoy your colours ;-))))
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Vitamins can make your pee turn really bright yellow. Go off of it for a day or two and increase your water intake. If that doesn't fix it, go see a doctor and get some bloodwork done. Discoloration in your pee can indicate kidney problems.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    Food, beverages, dyes in food, supplements and health can cause varying color, odor, and clarity.
    This article is fairly informative.... http://www.urinecolors.com/

Thanks! From that site...
    "A light yellow urine color typically signifies a very healthy urine. The light straw yellow urine will have a low odor, few bubbles in the urine, little to no foam in urine, and have a clear urine consistency."
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i was once told that if your hydrated enough it should be very pale
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options

^^^^ha-larious!
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Seems like you might not be getting enough water. Sometimes I think I'm drinking too much water as mine barely has a yellow tint to it..
  • keddabee
    Options
    I take a multivitamin with high B group vitamins and I have the same problem and have been told to rest assure its only the vitamin :) So I'm sure your going to be fine! :)