Anyone struggling to give up a habit or particular food??

Options
I am usually really good with my eating during the day but every night fall victim to chocolate! A willing victim of course.

Is anyone else ready to tackle a long held habit or break ties with the one food they can't give up??

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Chocolate will probably keep you up as contains stimulants such as caffeine! Try replacing it with something carbohydrate based thats sweet like oatmeal cookies instead! :) x
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Can you maybe not give it up at all and make it your mission to have X amount a day, every other day, or something like that?

I don't believe in giving up the foods we love, maybe just having them in controlled quantities.

I have an addiction to frozen yogurt, I can literally eat 2 quarts in a day...that's not okay. LOL. That's almost my entire calorie allotment, so I have it at 11am M-S and then on Sunday I have it at 12. I eat up to 400 calories on weekdays and 450-500 calories on weekends to correspond with my total calorie intake.

I look forward to it every day and it works for me to have it daily. Sorry if this didn't help and good luck! :)
  • medic_632
    Options
    OH jeez...its fall which means that my cooking addiction comes out screaming even worse than any other time of the year....with my southern holiday oriented family roots and my husband's Italian family food loving roots....well cooking is a prominent part of my household....

so i guess righ tnow my addiction is everything comfort/holiday food that i had as a child. I love to sample everything....and even though i'm working the recipies down to healthier versions.....well its just not that easy to NOT eat he things i love
  • Gualirix
    Options
    Yes, root beer and cheese. Thankfully, I got those two under control. Food doesn't control me anymore!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Can you maybe not give it up at all and make it your mission to have X amount a day, every other day, or something like that?

I don't believe in giving up the foods we love, maybe just having them in controlled quantities.

Unfortunately not - bit like an alcoholic with one glass of wine I think lol. With other treats I can do moderation but not with this.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love cheese all types I just dont buy it anymore I buy low fat cream cheese and thats about it. I dont crave it unless I see it. Out of sight out of mind x
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    Crisps.
    Cheese.
    Bread.

I'd be a waif if it wasn't for that unholy trinity...
  • janet5432
    janet5432 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am like that with Mt. Dew. It is odd any other drink I can have once in awhile when out with friends but Mt Dew for some reason I end up drinking daily. Then when I go to stop it is very painful. The last time I went from 15-20 oz daily to 12 oz. Then I started leaving more and more. Then when I was at 6 oz I switched to crystal light focus w/caffeine. It was still hard but the caffine headaches were at bay. Now I am trying to go to pure water all day and it is hard.

Sorry no advice but I do understand. Especially understand the not even be able to have a little or it will become a daily thing:(
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have 1 or 2 small mini pieces of chocolate a day. I find it helps keep me on track. Also dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I have 1 or 2 small mini pieces of chocolate a day. I find it helps keep me on track. Also dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you.

Dark chocolate I could have in moderation cos I hate it lol. SIgh
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i guess it's cold turkey then. Maybe you could find a replacement. Like hard candies or something.
  • brookjodie
    brookjodie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a food addict and I understand those cravings. I am a cold turkey person. If I allow myself to induldge I sometimes can't stop until it's all gone... Seriously... Whole bag, cake, pie or box or whatever. If you give something up the urges go away after a while. It's just the hardest part is pushing through whatever time it takes for those urges for certain foods to leave your body. They do leave... Eventually. I do a clean (mostly clean) eating plan and I find that because of some of those toxic foods I was consuming are no longer in my diet I feel healthier and more energetic.