losing as a couple

Snags
Snags Posts: 43
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
My wife started this in jan of 09 and has lost 24lbs I finally got of my lazy but and got started a week and a half ago and already lost 6lbs. She is gonna get mad becauase i will catch her fast so now we are kinda making it a race. Is there anyone else out there that is doing anything like this. We have always gone up and down in weight 4 years ago i lost 60 lbs and she lost 57 i put all mine back on she put about 30 back on. so now we are on this and making it a lifestyle.

Replies

• Snags
    My wife started this in jan of 09 and has lost 24lbs I finally got of my lazy but and got started a week and a half ago and already lost 6lbs. She is gonna get mad becauase i will catch her fast so now we are kinda making it a race. Is there anyone else out there that is doing anything like this. We have always gone up and down in weight 4 years ago i lost 60 lbs and she lost 57 i put all mine back on she put about 30 back on. so now we are on this and making it a lifestyle.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    My husband started 137 pounds more than me. I've lost 13 pounds in the time he's lost over 40. It can be stessful that he loses so much easier than I do but I think losing together really keeps us both much more motivated, like a friendly compitition.
  • Snags
    yea my wife dont get mad or anything though shes happy im doing it she didnt like all the looks i was getting though when i lost the 60 lbs lol
  • loser4real
    loser4real Posts: 102
    I have to agree that doing this with my husband has been very motivating for us both! We are a little competitive as well, but it's all just for fun. He's a big guy and I've completely accepted the fact that he is going to lose the weight faster than I am; but we still like to get onto each other to see who has more endurance during the run, or who can keep up the fast pace during the intervals on the elliptical etc. It's also great because we are totally accountable to each other and kick the other in the butt when we need it. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.