Craving Puerto Rican food

Options
I want some arroz con gandules, empanadilla de frutas, Cola Champagne, Malta India - not Goya. I also want tostones y fritos amarillos. I want to eat arroz con aguacate, habichuelas rojas and ensalada. I also want to drink orange juice and chupar quenepas. I should go visit there soon.

Replies

• JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I want some arroz con gandules, empanadilla de frutas, Cola Champagne, Malta India - not Goya. I also want tostones y fritos amarillos. I want to eat arroz con aguacate, habichuelas rojas and ensalada. I also want to drink orange juice and chupar quenepas. I should go visit there soon.
    Mmm I had quenepas a couple days ago there AMAZING! And I love my Malta. I drink them too I just make sure I don't go over my calories. I threw down today and ate some platanos maduro:tongue:
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    send me some!!! lol
  • mcgowa67
    Options
    so I make my arroz con gandules the "Korean Irish" cheating way -in the rice cooker! If you just put in sofrito, sazon, gandules, rice etc and no oil raw into the cooker, it cooks it up. You can even get some con con if you let it sit in there on "warm" I find you need a bit extra liquid and until you figure that out, you may have to add and turn it on again. Its not the same, but its better than nothing!! BTW its the Korean Irish way because its made in my Korean sister-in-laws second hand rice cooker and I am Irish :)
  • leilani♥
    Options
    mmmm I want a pastele now!
  • leylaaa87
    Options
    ay some Malta India and maduros! What a dream!

Every once in awhile (once a week or a bit more for me) I like to have a bit of my favorite fried foods because it helps you from going crazy on a binge.

Yesterday I had a bit of chicharron but I made sure I weighed it and entered it into MFP so I could compensate for the rest of the day. It was so delicious!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I feel you,
    I miss my island so much, and once in a while I eat my puertorrican food, not too much, because
    is not good for my new healthy lifestyle,
    Christmas is around the corner and pasteles will be all over the place. Can't wait
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just had some sorullos today.... mmm
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I want it all too!!! The most I can get right now is chicken breast seasoned with sazon y adobo and habichuelas rojas.... I want more of the fried foods like tostones and all of the greasy foods but for now I have to stay away from all of that, at least until I go down in size. My fiance loves sneaking off to my aunt's house to get some, so he can have it but not tempt me.