Workout Gear/Clothing

Options
Hey MFP! One of my rewards is shopping for new workout clothing. I've noticed that all the cute sportsbras, shorts, and tights I am finding while window shopping are quite pricey! I mean $40 for a sports bra! Jeez!

Where are some good stores or online shops that sell quality workout clothing for a more affordable price? I'm willing to pay a little more than I am used to..lol $5 pack of Hanes white tees are out the window! I just don't want to go broke buying clothing!

Let me know and thanks!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i go to century 21's for all my work out clothes. why the f*&k would i want to spend $45 on a work out tee is beyond me. go to the clearance stores. you'll still look cute at the gym. i promise.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    believe it or not i have good luck at target and walmart. i dont want to spend much because im still getting smaller!!!
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I found a really good sports bra for under $20 at Kohls. It's not one you wear outside the clothes, but it's a really good one. It has the underwire on the outside and actually keeps my boobs from bouncing painfully.

When I get down another 7 pounds, I will be allowing myself to buy some new yoga pants for working out. Most of my work out shorts were too tight before and fit just fine now, so I won't be replacing them soon.

For the rest of my clothes, I either hit the clearance sections at Kohls or Target, or the thrift store.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Walmart and JCPenney both have really nice workout clothes that are cute and not too expensive. All my workout tanks with built in bras were $5-$13 on JCPenney clearance, and they are super nice.
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've done well at TJ Maxx, got a Nike T for $7 & at Burlington Coat Factory were I got a Jockey sports bra for $9.99.
  • ksavvy
    ksavvy Posts: 52
    Options
    I get almost all my stuff at JC Penney. They have a line called Xersion that covers everything form yoga to running to general workout gear. And the styles and colors change on a regular basis. It is almost always on sale, too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My local Target has their sleeveless and short sleeve moisture-wicking tees on clearance now. I got a couple for $3.48! :drinker:

Ross, TJ Maxx, JC Penney and Kohls have good selections, too, and usually have stuff on the clearance racks.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has top-of-the-line quality with a lower price. I bought 2 pair of compression capris for about $25 a pair and a compression jacket for about $50. Comparable Brooks or Body Armour jackets cost $100+. Also their sports bras are really nice and around $15 each. They also have moisture wicking socks that I can no longer go without on a run. :)
  • TiMoPhat
    TiMoPhat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually do really well at Target, JCP, walmart and marshalls. They have pretty good prices..and i also just usually workout in old leggings and t-shirts. But i got the best Izod sports bra from Burlington coat Factory believe it or not. I got a great pair of neoprene shorts from walmart for 10 bucks and they are AMAZING!!! Good Luck!!! You deserve the treat!!!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Target carries a line of Champion workout clothing. They have Dri-Fit type (Dri-Fit is Nike's name for it, the Champion line calls it Duo-Dry, I think). A pair of Duo-Dry pants was about $25 as opposed to the same thing by Nike being $70!

The one thing I would be willing to spend a little more on is a good sports bra. There are cheap ones out there, but they usually don't give the same support that a really good one gives.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And be sure to sign up for JCP's mobile coupons: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/mobile1.aspx

I've gotten coupon codes for $10 off purchase of $25. Use that on clearance stuff, and they're practically paying YOU to take it! :laugh:
  • mcb816
    mcb816 Posts: 24
    Options
    Target & Old Navy
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I get all my stuff at Target for worktouts, but Kohls has a good selection too, as long as you don't need plus sizes. The champion sports bras run a size larger at Target than at Kohls.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Target carries a line of Champion workout clothing. They have Dri-Fit type (Dri-Fit is Nike's name for it, the Champion line calls it Duo-Dry, I think). A pair of Duo-Dry pants was about $25 as opposed to the same thing by Nike being $70!

The one thing I would be willing to spend a little more on is a good sports bra. There are cheap ones out there, but they usually don't give the same support that a really good one gives.

Yeah, Target's Champion.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Target... and Amazon.com

I was at TJMaxx today and they had a lot of sports bras for $10 or under.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Sam's Club has two packs of sports bras as well as two packs of yoga pants/capris, both sets are like $20 and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I go always hit the clearance racks at the sports stores (Scheels and Sports Authority are my fave) at the end of a season. There are some great deals on shorts and tanks right now! I am slightly obsessed with UA gear and Scheels had some of their nice shorts for $8 the other day.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    All my workout gear comes from target and old navy! Their stuff is great and affordable. If you really want brand names try TJ Maxx.