18W

Options
So, I have been exercising and counting calories for about a month now. I have lost a few pounds and my 18W jeans are so lose, they feel like sweat pants. So yesterday I bust out my "smaller" jeans. Tried on 16W's, no way. Tried on regualr 18's, no way. What the heck? When do I get to go down a size????

Replies

• Bretonmka
    Options
    I've been doing it a little over a month and still in between sizes.... i cant wait to drop one size either!
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I have the SAME problem! I've been wearing between 16 & 18 for the last few years. Since June I've been losing weight and am down 30 pounds. And guess what? My 16s are loose, but I tried 14s and NOTHING. It's like there's this secret size 15 out there that I should be able to fit into, but just can't seem to find it. I know weight training will tighten up any wobbly bits and then I'll be able to drop some clothing sizes, but I really just wanted to focus on cardio for about 6 months first. Unfortunately, cardio makes you lose weight - just not where it counts!
  • zeny2011
    Options
    drink lots of ice cold water and drink your green tea cold to raise your metabolism:smile:
  • Korrinn
    Korrinn Posts: 24
    Options
    This might sound odd, but sometimes my jeans stretch out after I've worn them for a long time (usually over a year) and it especially happens when the jeans are that stretchy denim. You might have stretched them out while you were bigger and now that you've lost weight, they're much looser.

Just keep at it! I've heard that in the plus sized region (above size 12), it takes at least 20 lbs to go down a size on average and then, under 12 its only 10 lbs per size.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    lost 50lbs years ago while wearing an 18. barely got into a 16. 50lbs!! i have a juicy *kitten* though too. i swear if i didnt have it, id be a 14.:laugh:
  • celestrialgal
    celestrialgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight training is the key! I have gone down 2 sizes and have lost about 20 lbs and some of my 18 are getting big. Strength training will change the way your body looks under your fat, it will reshape you. Cardio will help burn fat but strength training will burn more calories by adding muscle which burns more calories than fat. Don't forget about strength training, start small and if you are not sure what to do, get a trainer.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 30 pounds before finally going down my first pant size.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 30 pounds before finally going down my first pant size.
  • savismommy
    Options
    Yeah! I know the feeling! :P

I went to Walmart and found a pair of 16w's that fit! But I tried on a pair of regular 18's... no way. Can't
    even button them. My 18w's still fit loosely, but any regular 18's. No.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This might sound odd, but sometimes my jeans stretch out after I've worn them for a long time (usually over a year) and it especially happens when the jeans are that stretchy denim. You might have stretched them out while you were bigger and now that you've lost weight, they're much looser.

Just keep at it! I've heard that in the plus sized region (above size 12), it takes at least 20 lbs to go down a size on average and then, under 12 its only 10 lbs per size.
    This is what happened to me. I went from a 26 to a 18.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It'll take you at least 20 lbs. before you'll be able to drop a size (most likely), especially at the larger sizes. I started at a 16 and I had lost over 20 lbs. before they even started to feel loose, then I dropped 2 sizes quickly and the rest is history. After 58 lbs. I've gone from a 16 to a 6 (with lots of varied exercise; cardio, strength, etc.). Remember, you lose weight in an even distribution throughout your body so if you're bigger on bottom it'll take longer to see a difference.
  • brigibooboo
    brigibooboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I feel better now :flowerforyou: