Operation Shrink My Soul

Okay, that may seem like an odd goal, especially on a weight loss forum.

About a year and a half ago, when I was 25 lbs slimmer than I am now, my brother introduced me to his future mother-in-law. During the small talk, she discovered that I have 4 children and that the youngest was 10 months old. She commented on how "Skinny" I was. She then said that she needed a large body to house her tremendous soul. I had never had my soul judged based on my jean size before, and was quite frankly stunned. I have enjoyed many laughs since at the implication that I had a little soul. (Most people don't catch on that fast.:wink: ) Unfortunately, I have now expanded, in body if not in soul.

I am starting a campaign to Shrink My Soul, or at least my body to fit my little soul. I will post daily goals in an effort to motivate myself and anyone else interested.

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Oh the things people say. You have a great attitude and I love the statement on your signature line. :flowerforyou:
  • 1myfit
    1myfit Posts: 69
    I think she was making a joke on herslf and you didn't get it.
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    If you didn't kick her a*s when she said that, it's because you have huge kind soul... focus on just shrinking your body... your soul is fine already :wink:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Oh I wish I knew those computer terms but you know how you can put a lot of information on those small thingys that go into computers. You live in the modern world and your huge loving soul is now compact and able to fit into any size body even the slimmest.

We use to joke that my big tummy was my next incarnation.
    I have also said to people that I am actually a slim person I was just protecting the body with bubble wrap. I am now popping those bubbles and removing the wrap.

Always here to support you.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Oh, Jen, I love the bubble wrap idea.
  • CricketKate
    I think she was making a joke on herslf and you didn't get it.

I miss quoted. What she actually said was that she would be welcomed into Heaven with the large soul she was housing and then left the statement hanging in the air..... And, yes, I was aware that she was poking fun of herself not me. I am not laughing because I was offended, I am laughing because it was such a funny notion. I know that I have a soul, I'm sure that I heard it rattling around in my big toe this morning.
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Kate,
    I was there when the conversation took place. What she actually said was that you would be out of place in heaven because everybody else there would have a big body to house their big soul. The way she said it, it was a slam. However, I don't think she meant it that way.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    sounds to me like she was trying to justify her large size rather than slam your petite one. You're welcome anytime and in ANY SIZE in my world - not exactly heaven but it's not always the other place either!! :laugh:
  • CricketKate
    Welcome to Operation Shrink My Soul. Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to plan your menu for tomorrow and make any preparations needed to help you stick to the plan.
  • CricketKate
    Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to walk for at least 20 minutes.
  • CricketKate
    Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to drink at least 8 glasses of water.
  • CricketKate
    Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to only eat your planned meals.
  • CricketKate
    Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to push yourself a little farther.
  • CricketKate
    Your mission for the day, should you choose to accept, is to avoid sugar at all costs.