P90x- Anyone looking to start?

Options
Hi, I have tried the P90x DVD's, but have not been able to stick with it for more then a few days! Looking to see if anyone out there is looking to start and we can keep each other on track to keep up with the workouts. Let me know, looking to start as soon as possible!!!

Replies

• mollyholly07
    Options
    Sure, I'll start with you.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it, or maybe trying the P90x/turbo fire program.
  • emh15022
    emh15022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll start with you.

Great! Have you tried it before?
  • emh15022
    Options
    I am thinking about it, or maybe trying the P90x/turbo fire program.

Oh, whats the turbo fire program? Is that another DVD set?
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm starting November 1st if you would like to join in. I have a few other friends that are thinking about it too.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I started round 3 weeks ago, can I still join??
  • emh15022
    Options
    I started round 3 weeks ago, can I still join??

Of course! How is it going for you? Have you been able to stick with it?
  • jkeyah
    jkeyah Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I joined a group to start October 1, but still don't have all the equipment yet to do it. I've got resistance bands & the chin-up bar on order. Probably be a week before I can really do it.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Yes Turbo fire is another program which I already have. I did the 20 week program at the beginning of the year and lost 13 pounds and 12 inches. It is kickboxing and dancy in some ways. It is very intense cardio with HIIT workouts as well as core conditioning, strength, and strechting. I just know I really like it and it worked well for me, so I think the hybrid might work better before jumping into P90X on it's own.
  • emh15022
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow

How was week one for you?
  • jkeyah
    jkeyah Posts: 20
    Options
    It wasn't too bad, I started at the end of August on the lean program but it was too easy for me so I stopped. Now i'm doing the classic, I did have to modify on the majority of the exercises. I think once you get passed the first week it gets a bit easier.
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    I stuck with round 1 and did the whole thing but unfortunately for whatever reason I did not lose any weight (in fact gained a couple) and did not lose any inches, but looking forward to round 2!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am doing it now. Starting week 2 tomorrow too! Would love all the support I can get. Feel free to add me!
  • emh15022
    Options
    Well anyone looking to jump on board, I think starting sooner, then later is better. I'm thinking to start tomorrow, 10/10/2011, and anyone that wants to start anytime after should! Let me know! I would really like to see how the first few weeks go. :smile:
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm starting another round of P90X today. I'll join you.
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Today was shoulders and arms. I was supposed to do this yesterday and do cardio today but I was away so i did this and ran 3 miles to get a little cardio in. I usually dont do the plyometrics or kempo because the plyo is too hard on the knees and running burns more calories than the kenpo does for me. The last time I did p90x I did the yoga but this time around I havent done the yoga. I actually really enjoy the yoga, but feel like I need more burn than that gives me.
    hope you all have a great day!
  • emh15022
    Options
    Today was shoulders and arms. I was supposed to do this yesterday and do cardio today but I was away so i did this and ran 3 miles to get a little cardio in. I usually dont do the plyometrics or kempo because the plyo is too hard on the knees and running burns more calories than the kenpo does for me. The last time I did p90x I did the yoga but this time around I havent done the yoga. I actually really enjoy the yoga, but feel like I need more burn than that gives me.
    hope you all have a great day!

Good job! I'm going to do chest and back this evening. I went hiking this morning, so I got some cardio in! Have a good day!
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i started today. 1st time. looking forward to it!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 round 2 today.