acai berry and colon cleanse

Options
ok. I was wondering if anyone knows if these two things are scams or that the free trials are legit. I love the holistic approach to weightloss, and am really interested in these two products if they work and are legit. Lemme know if anyone has tried them and what cites are true to what they say.

Thank-you and good luck to all:)))

Replies

• cjansse
    cjansse Posts: 4
    Options
    ok. I was wondering if anyone knows if these two things are scams or that the free trials are legit. I love the holistic approach to weightloss, and am really interested in these two products if they work and are legit. Lemme know if anyone has tried them and what cites are true to what they say.

Thank-you and good luck to all:)))
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    The body is an amazing efficient machine that cleans itself. Save your money and drink lots of water...in my opinion.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but when I went into vitamin world a couple weeks ago I was looking around and the guy was talking to someone else about it, she seemed to be looking for something fast and he told her it takes a long time to work, personally I feel like its a scam but it probably has worked for some. Good Luck!!! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • decca
    decca Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd be careful how I got them, if I were you. I ordered both from some ad links I'd seen around - I too was intrigued. One was a TOTAL scam. I got the Colon Cleanse product, but when I went to cancel my automatic "subscription" the phone was never answered. And I tried repeatedly for a week or so. After a little investigation on the Better Business Bureau website and other websites, I found out the company I ordered from had a history of that behavior. I had to cancel my credit card to stop any further charges. The Acai Berry - I ordered and had no problem canceling the automatic enrollment thing, but the product never came. Maybe someone else has had a better experience, but it didn't work out for me. : (

Actually, I hope someone has had a better experience and can post a reliable place to get these products - I'm still interested in trying them too. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i have a friend that tried the acai berry pills and she swears by them. I personally think its a waste of money but she says they give her tons more energy and motivation. To each their own :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if you do try it...DO NOT BUY IT ONLINE,,,,they have it at all the stores...WalMart...Target..GNC....online scams are all voer the news for this stuff...

my opinion...save your money and go see a movie:smile:
  • sophyjim
    sophyjim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The free trial is not really free, they charge to your credit card after the trial. 78.95. If you decide not to take it you have to call to cancel the order and send it back intact (not open). For me, when I call to cancel the told me to keep it for $20 and they will cancel the order for future deliveries, so I keep the pills and tray it for a week and with a balance diet and the pills I lost 6 pounds. But for me I can lose 6-7 pound on my first week with any diet plan, so the waste your money if you want it for lose weight.

God Bless You.

Sophy
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46536-acai-berry-article-beware-of-scams

I posted this yesterday. Acai Berry trial is a scam.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about acai berry, but colon cleanse is worthless. If you LIKE having diarrhea and such then sure, go for it. It won't cause weight loss though. Sure, the scale may read a little lower temporarily but that's because you just flushed out all the food in your system. As soon as you eat again it'll be back. So pointless, and very hard on your body. You don't need products like these, free or not.
  • terri0027
    terri0027 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Total Scam. Unfortunately, I tried it with the Ultra Lean Green Tea. I used my debit Visa to make the order.
    In addition to an outrageous S&H fee, they charge you almost $80 for your trial product if you don't cancel within 14 days of your order...not when you get it but when they shipped it. So much for a trial period. My "free trail" took 8 days to arrive in regular mail according to the company's shipping records. Then they automatically shipped me my first installment of my automatic subscription within one week.
    I got charged $140 right off the bat. The shipping and handling on the "free trail" was $60. The container was smaller than a tennis ball can. Plus they don't tell you the cost of the product ($80) before they begin billing. Within 1 week an additional charge of $95 was applied to my debit card ($80 for the product and $15 S&H). I have no idea why the S&H was so different on the second shipment. I had already called to cancel the subscription and sent a letter to them by mail. When I called to complain and to cancel the subscription, they said the notice is on their website and it is...in small letters in a place where you have to hunt to find it.
    Fortunately, I returned the second shipment and called my bank company. They stopped payment and reversed the charges. They also filed a complaint against the company. I couldn't do anything about the first shipment because I'd opened the package. It cost me $140 for 30 packets of drink mix you pour in bottled water.
    Within 2 weeks the company shipped me a third package. I had to cancel my debit card to stop the charges for my automatic subscription even though I'd already requested to have my subscription cancelled. Again, my bank took care of the charges. For me it wasn't so much a disappointment in the product (which doesn't really do anything) but the hassle of trying to get everything back in order after they kept charging me. I didn't have a working debit card for almost a week. I reported the company to the BBB. I feel like such a dope but hopefully my story will encourage others not to try "free" trails.
  • khollings
    Options
    I actually went to a local health food store and bought both products. I tried it for a couple of days. I could not take the colon cleanse the way you're supposed too because I could not stay out of the bathroom. The acai berry is still in my refrigerator. I don't know if it really works, I personally think I wasted my money.
  • Willpower90x
    Willpower90x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wife was scammed on this. She bought it online then canceled and never received a product. They kept charging us 4 or 5 bucks every couple weeks. She finally was able to cancel the charges but we never received a refund. Don't buy this stuff online!!:devil:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Acai Berry is nutritious but doesn't really have any weight loss properties. Some will add caffeine to the pills and that will give you energy. But you can also have coffee and get the exact same result.

The Colon Cleanse should not give you diahrrea unless it's actually a laxative with a diuretic (learn to read the ingredients). Most of the ones I looked at were mostly fiber (psyllum husk and all that) ... Those will not make you lose weight unless you're backed up ... and even then it wont be fat-weight!

A cheaper alternative is drinking coffee before breakfast and lunch, and eat more fiber before or with your main meals.

If you really want to try it, get it on eBay. You can also stick just enough money into your PayPal and use your PayPal credit card ... so the money wont be there for those "hidden charges". It should automatically unenroll you and there's no negative effect if they keep trying to take money from your PayPal and come up empty.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful how I got them, if I were you. I ordered both from some ad links I'd seen around - I too was intrigued. One was a TOTAL scam. I got the Colon Cleanse product, but when I went to cancel my automatic "subscription" the phone was never answered. And I tried repeatedly for a week or so. After a little investigation on the Better Business Bureau website and other websites, I found out the company I ordered from had a history of that behavior. I had to cancel my credit card to stop any further charges. The Acai Berry - I ordered and had no problem canceling the automatic enrollment thing, but the product never came. Maybe someone else has had a better experience, but it didn't work out for me. : (

Actually, I hope someone has had a better experience and can post a reliable place to get these products - I'm still interested in trying them too. Sorry I can't be of more help.

My experience was similar. When you check out the web ad it says you have 30 days to try it for only$1.00. What they don't tell you is that you have to return the "unused" portion within two weeks or pay full price and be added to their automatic renewal plan at an outrageous price.

As soon as I opened the package and saw the "deal" I was livid!!!:explode: I dumped half of the bottle in some bags to keep and try but then promptly took the rest to the PO and mailed it back by certified mail. I do not trust companies who cannot be honest from the beginning!

Go to your local health food store and talk to them.