Hello from North Carolina

Options
Hello,

I am a former WW and have lost over 20 lbs like 4 times in my life so I guess I have lost my weight goal like twice already, but this time I want to make it work. I moved from Michigan to North Carolina and I have the resources here to make the changes I need to make. I am making the changes little by little instead of JUMPING IN without checking the water for sharks. Recent goal was to start watching my sodium intake, then journal for one week without thinking about it (that opened my eyes) and now I am joining myfitnesspal since the other program is no longer working for me. So, here I am.

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Raleigh, NC myself and you can definitely do it with this site. My sister-in-law has lost close to 11 pounds in just about 60 days. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other :)

Check out the Success Stories, too. They are awesome!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin! Welcome to mfp, it is a wonderful place! I am from central NC :)
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from NC as well. Feel free to add me :)
  • GambleGurl
    Options
    Hello my name is Lacie and i am in the Fayetteville/Spring Lake area! If you would like a friend to help motivated and inspire you we... Add Me! hehehe
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Hey Kristi! I am in Durham and started in mid-September. I have already lost 10 pounds and love mfp. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your weightloss!
  • sheila1119
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too, a former WW follower, can say I like MFP better. It truly is a program that you can follow and I can see being successful with maintenance after reaching the goal weight. Hope you like MFP as well as I do and reap great rewards!
    PS. I'm from KY!
  • Vermonster1966
    Options
    I miss NC, I love NC, but live in FL and 6 months of the year you can't exercise outside due to the heat or the mosquitoes. When I lived in the Carolina's, originally from Vermont, I was outside all the time. Enjoy the Carolina's, get to the mountains and go hiking, or go to the beaches and run on the beaches. The best of both worlds and a world in between those.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I'm from Uganda, but live in Raleigh, NC :) I've been a member of MFP for a little over 2 months and really like it! I've lost 22 pounds and can say it is due to hard work, but is so worth it!