Hey It Has To Work This Time!

Options
Hey all

Well i have tried diet after diet with no effect but this time im really hoping that it will work.

I have my wedding coming up in 2013 and i dont want to be a marshmallow walking down the aisle!

I have just set up here after 6 days of being on diet chef and i am hopefull things will go ok!

Kate

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I found if you want it to work you can't think of it as a diet. This is a life change.

I hope it works for you.
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Mine is in a month! : )

I'll add you as a friend to help support you and let you see what I'm doing to get fit!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • pwdalt
    pwdalt Posts: 14
    Options
    Kate, I have been with MFP for two months and lost 28.5 pounds. Today I just walked 2 miles for the first time in a very long time. MFP will work for you if you commit and log your food and activity diaries.

Good luck and may you be the beautiful bride of your dreams. Peggy
  • canuck_67
    canuck_67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is an easy idea, weight loss - Create a calorie deficit every day. And Be honest with yourself. I cheat on my plan, but I am honest about it. work the system and you will lose weight. If you do not follow your plan and cannot change your eating habits to a more healthy lifestyle you will not lose weight.

this is brutal to say, but it is the truth. eat less, eat better, and move your body. Just a bit to start, form good habits. I know all about habits, I lost 80 lbs by sticking to good eating and excercise. Slowly I fell away and gained the weight back. I was honest with myself and say that I was not eating well and stopped exercising. I then made a decision, either I change or I don't. Either get healthy or not. I made the decision to start treating myself better and stop looking towards food as an escape. It is a daily battle for me, but I am winning the war. I might lose a battle now and then, but I am moving forward. One step at a time.

Good Luck with your decision.
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on MFP since January and it has really helped me to figure out how to eat for my body's needs.. It helps me be accountable for both my eating and my workouts. The support here is awesome, people know so alot about the business of getting healthy, but it really is all about the effort that you put into it.

I agree with the earlier post, I think of this program as a lifestyle, not a diet. the tools here teach you how to eat for your body type, how to be accountable to yourself and what you really value, and how to work the program. Others will share what is working for them and from that you can pick and choose what works for you!

Best of luck!!
  • KathrynHB
    Options
    Hey to all!

Thank you for the warm welcome and all the encouragement!

I have gotten over the eating less thing now, i used to have 2 or 3 take outs a week but i havent had a single one this week and tbh im not missing it!

Hope to see you all around =)

Kate
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome along.
    This site is fantastic. It works if you do what you're advised. Eat less move more. That's all there is too it. And the support network is great too.
    Read the msg boards. Find like minded people and add them.
    Good luck x
  • KathrynHB
    Options
    I am so proud of myself i have lost 7lbs
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place to be. Remain focused on what you want and this site will help.

Good luck.