Is it just me? (Vent)

Options
ASPhantom
ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
I seem to have the flakiest friends.
One day they want to hang out and the next you may as well not exist.

I have a friend's husband who is really good friends with my husband.
Anyways, he sent me an e-mail saying hey, let's get the families together this weekend for dinner by the campfire.

The wife (who is my friend) sends me one the next day (early in the week) saying they can't, they have too much homework to do.

School is out tomorrow and they have an extra day in the weekend.

Can you really not spare 2-3 hours over a three day weekend to have dinner with friends?

I mean come on.

The drama is why I prefer to be friends with men and most of the time I am friends with the husbands first and then end up feeling like I have to be friends with their wives.

I thought she was a real friend too. I just don't get it!

My husband was talking to her husband earlier and he said that in the backgroud he heard her say "*Son has plans already".

He wasn't even asking about him.

Ugh!

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That sounds awful. So sorry to hear that. You need less flaky friends for sure.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's the one with a problem....I've known people like that and it drives a person crazy!! Or they wait til the last minute and pull out of it after you've gone to all the trouble to get everything together...most annoying.
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow sometimes I think Im crazy to think like this and now I know I am not LOL. Ya know some people are natural born flakes I think and they just dont have the confidence and they may be jealous of you so then they make excuses or something. I have a friend like that too and I just dont give her alot of my time and make her put the first effort in. then play by ear. I really care for this friend but its so damn frustrating I know.....move on right??? haa NEXT! sounds rough but come on...that kind of stuff I try not to put energy into and I call people like that energy vamps.....:cry:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    The homework thing could be an excuse for something else...

Maybe she is having personal problems she doesnt feel like speaking about ^^