Im new too :]

Options
Hey Pals !!
Im Magnolea, Ive been ask from a friend to join. Ive lost last year a total of 65 pounds. Its been a real challange but Ive learn alot throught the process.
Im here to learn, grow and share what Ive learn too. If you have any sugestions, questions or even comments, please share :]

I love making friends with who I can actuly connect with. People, friends and family member are there to support us but will never know what it really is, having, fighting and changing they life like we are doing now. One step foward in a new, improve life <3

Cant wait to hear from you Pals :]
Magnolea

Replies

• MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

I just joined this week also. This site is awesome! Very easy to track your food and exercise! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm really liking the support I see here :)
  • Sdeary
    Sdeary Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome!!! That is really great that you made such a big accomplishment with your weight loss. I have been saying in my mind for the past 5 years that I wanted to lose weight and I grew very tired of seeing others do it and so I just made a life changing decision to get the ball rolling!!! I am new to the site...15 days in..so far I have lost 5 lbs and 1 inch in my waist and hips....its a small victory..but its a victory none the less. I plan to keep on pushings and making improvements as I go. If I may ask what did you do along your journey to lose your weight?
  • Magnolea
    Options
    Dear Sdeary :]

Its an awesome way you had started and Ive always said that small victories are the way we can make it to the top. When Ive decided to start losing weight ( January 17th 2010 ) I did start slow. Losing 2 pounds a week. First step was actuly just cuting down portion, carbs ( like pasta, patatos and bread ) ( but it always been part of my weight lost ) just changing from white to brown. For actuly the first 4 months, Ive never did excersise ( except for walking ) Counting calories is what really make me lose all the weight. Having a 1200 cal / day makes you concius of what you have to eat, first to be full and for a long periode of time, it really force you to make much better choices.

After those 4 months Ive decided to have excersices part of the plan, and started jogging a little, it really helped !!
    And so here I am today, about pounds to my weight goal, hitting that "plateau" Ive been on for almost 6 months !!! AHHHH :]
    Really drive me nuts but I really feel like I have all the supports and tools here to achieve that goal.

One step at a time :]
  • Magnolea
    Options
    **** At 25 pounds of my weight goal ****
  • Sdeary
    Sdeary Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks good info...I know I am on the right track!!! You are an inspiration!!!