Students: Frozen Dinners

Options
2stepz
2stepz Posts: 814 Member
Midterms are coming up, and tho I usually don't do this, I'm looking at frozen dinners as an option for short term. It's that or pizza...

So... for those who use frozen dinners, which are your favorite? Give me a shopping list.

Replies

• JeepsMcCreeps
    Options
    I'm a vegan, but I love Amy's frozen dinners. They're usually vegetarian or vegan and can be found in a health food section. They have burritos and stuff. I think they're awesome.
  • getskinnyk8
    Options
    Amy's Light & Lean. And there are a few lean cuisines that are pretty good. 3 cheese rigatoni, brocolli potatoes and cheese, the chicken parm, and the parmesean encrusted fish. They're not that bad as long as you don't eat them for every meal :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Along time ago I used to do the smart ones frozen dinners, they were okay
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli, lean cuisine potato, broccoli, and cheese, smart ones mini burgers, the orange chicken (I think Healthy choice),and the lean cuisine margherita pizza..were my favorites :)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones and Healthy Choice are OK, but why limit yourself the that or pizza?
    Get a bagged salad, some dressing, and maybe some croutons or bacon bits.
    Much better and just as quick.
    Put the pizza as a last choice.
  • lhart67
    Options
    Lean cusine I spelled it wrong? there's are lowest calories and 90% of there's are preservative free.
    Have you thought of making your own dish even doubling it then freezing several small containers that you can take out and microwave in a few minutes.
    I freeze a lot baked chicken and frozen veggies very easy and fast.

Lori
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Any of the steamers from healthy choice or marie callendars are pretty good.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like the Healthy Choice dinners that have the noodles with them that you strain and the sauce!!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Loveeee Healthy Choice steamers...
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    You could always grab those bags of steam-in-the-bag vegetables, some instant rice, and some low-sodium canned beans. That's what I do during periods when I have zero time to cook.