**New Year New You Challenge**

Options
The New Year is fast approaching and what better way to ring it in than with a healthier you! For the next 81 days lets all join together to lose weight and reach our fitness goals!

For the Challenge:

~Simply post to join.
~In your initial post please include your weight loss goals for the challenge, starting weight and your diet/fitness plan.
~On Monday's each person will weigh in, enter their weekly exercise time and give an update on their progress.
~I will post weekly rankings on Tuesday for most weight lost (as a percentage of body weight) and greatest total exercise time.

I encourage everyone to actively participate on this thread posting questions, helpful hints and support. The weekly check ins are meant to keep us all on track and tweak our plans as needed. Let's all join in together to make this New Year unforgettable!:happy:

Replies

• MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to join...please feel free to add me as a friend
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Sounds great! I am in.
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SW: 149
    Goal: 129
    Plan: 1200 calories per day/ 30 min exercise at least 4 days per week

Count me in!
  • MrsHallum07
    Options
    I would like to lose another 20 lbs. or so. I have never been below 200 in long time prob since jr high. My current weight is 229. So my goal is to get below 200 for the new year. I have been on a lifestyle change since June & will keep using what I have been doing. Eating what I want but smaller portion sizes & watching my calorie intake.
    I will continue to workout daily & continue to go to Zumba classes 3 times a week. :happy:
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

CW = 226.5
    Goal Weight by New Year = 210
    Diet = Primal/Paleo (My family and I have been moving towards this for the last 6 weeks...lost 18lbs so far).
    Fitness Plan = I haven't been doing anything so far, but I'm going to shoot for doing weight lifting 3x week and sprint/walk intervals 2-3x a week (which is what I planned on doing at the same time I moved to this new diet/lifestyle, but it never panned out).

So, since we are starting on a Sunday, I guess you want us to post first next Monday (Oct 17th)?
  • katecon88
    Options
    My starting weight is 150 with a goal weight of 135 by the end of the challenge.

My diet plan is pretty simple. My main concern is remaining under my daily net calorie amount of 1200. I am also working on curbing the amount of carbs that I eat and increasing my vegetable intake.

My fitness plan is to alternate cardio with strength training. Monday's, Wednesday's and Saturday's will be designated for strength training with Tuesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's set aside for cardio. I like to mix up exercises so I will set a goal of 400 calories burned a day through exercise.

I am really looking forward to this challenge and am so glad some have already joined!

Please feel free to offer any hints or suggestions you may have for me!
  • katecon88
    Options
    I'm in.

CW = 226.5
    Goal Weight by New Year = 210
    Diet = Primal/Paleo (My family and I have been moving towards this for the last 6 weeks...lost 18lbs so far).
    Fitness Plan = I haven't been doing anything so far, but I'm going to shoot for doing weight lifting 3x week and sprint/walk intervals 2-3x a week (which is what I planned on doing at the same time I moved to this new diet/lifestyle, but it never panned out).

So, since we are starting on a Sunday, I guess you want us to post first next Monday (Oct 17th)?

That is correct. This week is for posting initial weights, goals and getting started on our plans.
  • melody_o
    Options
    Hey count me in too! I told everyone that I wasn't waiting for that New Year's Resolution, I was resolving now, to be thinner for New Years!

My current weight is 215 (yay!)

I work out 6 days/week. Mondays is elliptical and strength training, Tuesday/Thursday is Zumba, Wednesday I rest (actually I'm just super busy) Friday is NIA class, Saturdays are more elliptical and strength training, and Sunday I swim as many Olympic laps as I can and do self-water aerobics.

I track all my calories, and make smarter decisions on what I eat, and how much. I am sticking to the 1380 cals/day MFP recommended. I am trying to up my potassium levels and reduce my sodium levels as a secondary dietary plan.

My goal for the New Year is to bring it in under 200lbs and a secondary goal would be to wear size 14 jeans. I wear a 16 currently.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Yay an open Challenge!

Currently I weigh 143 pounds and would like to get to my goal weight of 130 by new years.

Diet- Stay under my calories everyday 1400

Fitness-currently I am doing the 30 day shred
  • susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm currently at 169 and would LOVE to be around 155 for new years! I just got back from holiday & it was a really rubbish all inclusive so lost 1lb which is a start! will post back next monday :) thanks for this, i don't want to wait for new years' either! december will be a challenge as everyone brings treats into my office, but will be chewing sugarfree gum as I am also quitting smoking on 1st November! trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone!!!
  • katecon88
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! It looks like we are going to have a great group! Today is the first day of the challenge so good luck everyone! Below is the list with starting weights that I have so far:

katecon88 150
    MrsHallum07 229
    Brookelee30
    astina10 149
    TheGlen 226.5
    melody_o 215
    cgeiser1 143
    susi_q_xx 169

Remember each week we will be ranked on weight lost (%) and number of hours exercised.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    hi kate i'm in
    my goal is to lose 15lbs by 1/1, my CW - 185
    i work out 6 days a week & i will be cutting back on my carbs & include more veggies. I love to do the treadmill, walk, free W8. I have a membership at the gym & lately i have been slacking but i will be picking up the pace starting today. I just came from the gym where i did the TM for 1 hr. I look forward to talking with u guys, feel free to send me friend request; good luck every1. WE CAN DO THIS
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    Starting weight: 207.
    Goal by New Year's is -50 so that would put me @ 190.

Nutrition goal is to drink @ least 10 glasses of water a day.
    Fitness goal is to add 2 more exercising days to my week and stay consistent. Since I have started strength training my weight loss has slowed dramatically but my inches lost r great. I have my fingers crossed that the scale will shape up and follow suit so I can reach my goal! Good luck everyone!!
  • MrsHallum07
    Options
    Today was my 5th day of the 30 Day Shred. I have noticed my endurance is up & I am excited that I started this exercise routine. My goal is to also drink more water each day. Let's do it Ladies!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Klw43
    Klw43 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the new me for the New year

Currently I weigh 178.8 pounds and would like to get to my goal weight of 158 by new years. Today, I ran for 30min on the treadmill and lower body weights (leg press, leg curls, hip abductors, & hip adductors), ball crunches

Diet- 1300 calories...low carb diet

Fitness- 3x per week - weights 4x per week- cardio Run - Spin - Run/Walk
  • nikkicole115
    nikkicole115 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in...hoping this will help with keeping me motivated and holding me accountable!

CW: 176.6
    GW: 150, but I'd be happy to lose 2 pants sizes by New Year's

Diet: Track every thing and to stay below the calorie intake MFP suggested

Fitness: I'm currently doing a couch to 5K program and will complete it in the next 3 weeks, but plan on continuing to up my running distance, time and/or speed. I'm also doing the Firm Express program 3 days a week, so I will be working out anywhere from 3 to 6 days a week.
  • roskeetch
    roskeetch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! I'm fairly new to MFP and although I am getting some exercising in, keeping up with a healthy nutrition plan is definitely the challenge.

SW: 163
    GW: 153

I'm curently taking a boot camp class 3x/week. I get some walking & sometimes running in on the weekends but I definitely need to get more exercise in during the week. As for nutrition, I want to get into the routine of logging all my meals and staying within my MFP allotted calorie amount. Ideally I'd also like to meet my water requirement 4 days of the week.
  • jamaka1
    Options
    I have started back on my salads & cut back on my rice (bad culture habit). I am implementing more water, less creamer in my coffee & get back into my gym routine. Today i did the treadmill, burning over 600 calories & work was busy so I walk over 200 HRM. Good luck every1, small changes until it becomes a lifestyle
  • jamaka1
    Options
    hey ladies how u all doing? I am so hyped i have been moving it all week; today i went walking in the rain with my umbrella. YAY:bigsmile:
  • danajotx
    Options
    This sounds great for me - I hadn't yet set any goals so this will keep me motivated.

CW - 180
    New Year's Goal - 165

Trying to keep my daily calorie intake at 1200 and watch my sugar. A little difficult when the husband likes to eat out ALOT!

I work out at least 5 times a week. Mon, Wed - RPM and Treadmill work, Tuesday - Bodypump and treadmill, Thursday - swimming, Friday - Treadmill, Also just started 30DS. On the weekends I just try and do something outdoors just as a bonus, usually cycling.