Body Contouring Surgery.

Options
So I've lost all but the last 8 lbs before I can have my surgery. In March I'm planning a full tummy tuck and upper arm lift! I have sooooooo much skin that it's needed. I wanted to know if anyone else has done this, or if you plan on it! :-)

Replies

• Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have had four cuts don my stomach and all is left of me is skin. I ant a tummy tuck bad and breast lift...cost so much. Hope after court to treat myself.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I want a full body lift, but to get it somewhat covered by my insurance, I'm going to have to do it in phases.
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any of that done but I wanted tocongradulate you on your great work! Youve done an amazing job! Best of luck with your surgery!
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Haa dont we all???? LOL I would love a tummy tuck. I have nothing scheduled but definitely would if I could at this point> Ive had clients and friends who have done it and they love love love that they did it :smile:

Thats awesome that you are down to your goal dang near CONGRATS!!!!
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! This surgery was almost a goal for me. When I started a year ago I told myself if I made goal I'd do it to feel better on stage AND off. I'm excited.
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've had a tummy tuck and it's the best decision I've ever made. If you're contemplating getting one done, I highly recommend you join: www.tummytucktalk.ning.com. That is the greatest, most supportive website ever. I'm 5 months post op and I still log on to that site at least 4 times a day, ha ha! I've met some great friends on there.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I am 38 yrs old and am getting a tummy tuck hopefully for my 40th birthday present to myself...we shall see. I am still losing weight and am doing some current tricks that a friend of mine on MFP told me about to help tighten skin while you lose weight, it seems to me working to...she has lost over 160pound with no hanging skin...she is awesome! But believe it or not a tummy tuck is in my future if I can't get this tummy flat :-/ ( I work too hard). #justsayin
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely considering it. But none of it would be covered. Yeah we get free healthcare in Canada but it's considered elective so I have to pay for it myself. I had a breast reduction when i was younger and that was covered, but the whole body lift isn't. So I expect i'll be saving for a long time before i have it done. but my ultimate goal is 160 lbs lost so i know there's going to be plenty of skin. *sigh* oh well, rather loose skin than an extra 100 lbs to lug around every day.
  • teena82
    teena82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep!! ;)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    i was speaking with a woman at the gym who lost 125 pounds then had the arm surgery....she has a scar on the inside of both arms from just above the elbow to the armpit but cannot be seen when her arms are at her side. Her arms look great and she said she is very happy as they took off two inches of skin. she also had the lose skin around her lower back, butt and abdomen removed ( 10 pounds of skin). Her scar goes all the way around her body. she is very happy with her decision to get rid of the loose skin. the next thing she wants to get done is the skin that hangs at the top of the inner leg near the groin. There is a higher risk of infection with that one tho.
    I would certainly look into getting my arm flaps removed when i reach my goal as they make me crazy cause they are soooo ugly
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome to everyone!! I am stoked. Going to start with the tummy tuck and arm lift then maybe my thighs at a later date. Those I can hide lol!