College Student looking to loose that freshman 15 :)

Options
Hi!

I'm Chelly and college has been an experience for me. I'm loving learning new things and growing as an individual. I'm hoping to loose 10lbs by Thanksgiving when I go home to be with the family. I've heard great things about myfitnesspal and I'm excited to start using it! Wish Me Luck!

Best,
ChellyLelly

Replies

• Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I feel for you guys. College food is such crapola. My kid did nothing but complain about how hard it was to eat healthy. Well, good luck with the program and if you need any help figuring out what to eat, I'm sure this community will help you.
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you Chelly. It's a good thing you're nipping it in the bud before the Freshman 15 becomes the Freshman (and Sophomore and Junior) 75 like it did for me. MFP is a great tool and helps you keep track of what you're eating. However, you must be diligent in maintaining your record. If you half-heartedly use it only when you're having a good eating day you're not doing yourself any favors.

Depending on if you're living on campus or if you have a dining plan, most schools will have dining hall nutrition information up on their website or in the hall itself. It's a good idea to check these out because it can be far too easy to fall into that trap. Also, with the high availability of sodas on campus it can be hard to not drink some, but if you must, try to stick to diet sodas (I honestly feel the Coke & Pepsi strike deals with schools specifically to hook students on their products for the rest of their adult lives).

Look into any kind of group fitness classes your schools gym may offer. I've seen a lot of Zumba classes in college gym and it seems to be a real hit with ladies. But also vary up your exercise with weights and resistance training. Most of all, be consistent and be sure to exercise at least 3-4 times a week and don't let yourself over eat or eat the wrong greasy foods.

Again, best of luck to you.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I'm here for the same reason except I had a bit more to lose than you. I've lost 10lbs so far and have 10 more to go. Feel free to add me I like having friends with similar goals.