Chalean DVD

Options
I have just orered the DVDs and I would like to hear from people who have or are trying this? I would like to purchase some dumbells to use with it but not sure what weights they should be as I am a complete beginner to weights.

Replies

• bamn2010
    bamn2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    oi dl them free :-P havnt started yet
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Good choice! I use Bowflex SelectTech weights with it, which is what Chalene uses in the videos. They are a bit pricey though, so you'll have to decide if they're worth it. I personally think they are. :smile:

You can also use free weights, but again, you'll need to get a good set with a good range of weight. You can also use resistance bands (she shows you how to use them in the videos). The dvds come with one band, but I would recommend getting a good set if you go this route.
  • janel814
    Options
    I have both bands and interchangeable weight. I like the bands better for most of the exercises but there are a few that you will want to have weights for. Having the interchangeable weights are good bc they usually range from 5-55lbs.

Hope that helps.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have weights and I'm in the first phase (burn), third week....so far I have used 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15 pound weights. I'm confident I will be increasing to 20s and 25s before this program is over. I looked at the weights Chalene uses and tried them out in the store...they just feel too bulky and awkard to me. They are certainly convenient and store nicely...but I already had all the dumbbells so I guess I'll stick with these. If you do decide to get the Bowflex ones, I highly recommend searching your local Craigslist. I've found quite a few people selling theirs for half the retail price.