Evening cravings

Options
I snack when I'm bored, lonely, stressed, etc. I find that when I snack I overdo it, especially in the evenings. I think the only way I can control this awful habit is by limiting myself to 3 solid meals a day. No snacks. This is going to be super hard for me, at least until I get used to the new eating rhythm. Does anyone have tips to make this transition easier or suggestions for ditching the boredom cravings?

Replies

• casique3
    Options
    if you feel bored go out for a nice walk to get your mind of eating, and ask yourself right before you eat something, if you really need it, if you really feel hungry? or find low calorie snacks, such as a small container with cucumber,carrots, berries, in this way if you do snack, you will have a healthy snack :)
  • KariePerez
    Options
    First of all we can't tell ourselves that we can't have something that makes it to where thats all we want and it makes snacks more tempting. I have those 100 calorie snack packs that way you can still snack and not over do it. And I have also found that if I carry around a water bottle with me and pretty much chug it when I feel like snacking out of bordom or what have you i dont snack as much. Hope I helped
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    This is going to sound funny but brush your teeth. When I brush my teeth it changes the flavor in my mouth and makes me feel good but at the same time I don't want to eat. Not sure why but it works for me.
  • jessjayla
    Options
    I have the same issues, emotional eater and out of boredom as well. Interested to see what advice you get...
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea. Ditch the breakfast and have a solid meal later at night at least 2 hrs before you go to sleep. You can control hunger in the morning with coffee but not before going to bed so it seems to make sense to me. Try that for a few days and see how it works out. FYI it will take at least 2-3 days for your morning cravings to stop.