8 days in and feeling more n more lethargic, why?

Options
Hi,

I've been changing my complete way of eating for 8days now but for last few days I've been feeling more and more lethargic.

I hadvent even had breakfast yet cause I don't feel hungry (where as usually I always eat first thing) I'm walking round heavy like a ton weight and each day, especially today I've got less and less energy.

I'm so clueless to all this stuff.

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet are you doing?
    Do you just count calorie or you are doing low carb?
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? Make sure your net is at least 1,200 calories.

Also, eating breakfast will help you to have the energy to start your day.
  • sosdenton
    sosdenton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are yoou eating enough protein?
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less than 1200 cals! Even better, exercise and eat around 1400!
    Lower the carbs and up the protein and you will not feel lethargic anymore. If you want to do this for the long run, don't let yourself go hungry or bored with your food. Good luck!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Iron? B Vitamins? Enough sleep? If you're working out at a decent level of intensity every day you may be overtraining - take a rest/recovery day.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Breakfast soooo important. Make sure you eat x
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    As you only have a little to lose maybe you need to eat more

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You're lethargic because you're not eating enough, likely. You skip meals so you've tuned out your body and it doesn't even bother anymore with trying to communicate to you that its hungry so you just get the advanced symptoms : lethargy sluggishness mood swings tired headaches crashing in the afternoon.

Eat.
  • Bevey01
    Options
    I'm not skipping meals (just had 2 boiled eggs on toast), just didnt feel hungry like I normally do at breakfast time. I have cut out alot of carbs where as before it was practically all I ate, my first real carbs were yesterday afternoon where I nearly fell asleep half hour after.

If i'm honest i'm not exercising everyday, whereas i was when i first started. I'm also coming in aound 200-300 below my calorie allowance.

i am I doing this wrong?

Can anyone suggest a good routine to follow or is this the whole point, its up to you to work out whats best for you (dont know where to start).

Thanks for BMI tip will check that out too x
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's probably because you're 200-300 calories below your limit. 1200 is the bare minimum for what you should eat in a day, so make sure you get as close to that as possible especially on days you're not exercising. And days that you are you sould be eating back your exercise calories.

Also make sure you're drinking at least 8-10 cups of water every day. That will help with the tiredness.
    As far as a routine, everyone has something different that works for them, but smaller meals throughout the day is what works for me. If i stick to that, I dont usually get REALLY HUNGRY and it keeps me on track.
  • Bevey01
    Options
    Thank you that make so much sence. And ur right i have hardly any water these last few days where as when i started i was eating exercising and drinking hand in hand. And now i understand about the eating hat i exercise.

I dont want to go into starvation mode and undo what i've already done and it probably explains why i'm so bloated cause my stomach is shrinking right down.

Cheers for that x
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I felt very lethargic from about 2 weeks in for about 2 weeks. I think it's your body saying "ARGH! I'm hungry!" which it will be, when you are used to eating more. That's ok, though. It just takes a while for your body to get used to a lower intake. Try to keep your sugar low so you don't get blood sugar peaks and crashes.
  • Bevey01
    Options
    From what I can work out it seems as tho the little bits of exercise were working hand in hand with the body getting used to the changes. It also encourages me to drink the water I need.

I'm feeling happier within again and not tired like I was (which was unshakable).

I can see the difference too where as before I couldn't and felt flabby and untoned.

Love this site and the support everyone gives you x