My one day problem

Options
Everytime I go to start my diet I feel super motivated and good. Day one is always hard but I seem to pull through. What happens to me though is that after doing it for a day I stop for like 10. Any advice or motivation to help me stick with it?

Replies

• cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i know for me it helps having alot of mfp friends on here so when i log in everyday and see how great they are all doing it motivates me to do well, plus i keep my diary open so everyone can see what im eating, seems easier to stay accountable, if u need more mfp friends feel free to add me........ this site is awesome for tracking calories but its also like a support group!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You might be restricting to much if you aren't able to maintain your diet long term. Rather than aiming for perfection right away, try to make a series of small changes that lead to a diet that is healthier in the long run. Also, keep logging your food and exercise no matter what. Seeing it in black and white is motivation to do better the next day. If you have a really bad day, try to fit in an extra 30-45 minutes of cardio to burn a few extra calories.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Log everything. Even on a "bad" day log it all and the "If every day were like today you'd weigh ___ in five weeks" message will motivate you :-) Tonight I will log the entire bag of Sour Patch Kids I ate at the movies and tomorrow I will do better.
  • dannylives
    Options
    STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    You need to remember your motivation, DAILY, and make yourself accountable to your commitment and being a part of MFP really helps in that accountability to your self. Good luck and every day can be day one if you want it to.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would suggest aiming for a very reasonable and moderate calorie deficit. Not saying you were too aggressive, but that's what often leads to failure.
  • weelee87
    weelee87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NEVER say "I'm not allowed [enter unhealthly snack here]" or you will just crave that snack and binge. I try to work out my food in advance and ALWAYS factor in for a little snack at the end of the day. If I end up not eating it then thats great, I just take it out of my diary and feel awesome!!

Oh and dont worry if you go over you calories a bit. Don't think of it as a limit, more a guide. :)

Welcome to MFP :) xxx
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    put your goal, and pics of the figure you are going to have at the end of your journey all over the house so you are seeing it every day. make sure you are eating the right food for you, low gi etc so that you have energy and arent left unsatisfied.
    and lay yourself some ground rules. ie if i stick within my calorie count for the week i get to have a treat, this may not be food, but its ok if it is:) i often get massages to reward myself.

hope this helps

xx
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I started out with the intent of not changing my diet at all, but just logging everything I ate. Just keep track of what you eat and go from there. Seeing it all spelled out and how minor an adjustment was required for me to have success was motivation for me.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I started out with the intent of not changing my diet at all, but just logging everything I ate. Just keep track of what you eat and go from there. Seeing it all spelled out and how minor an adjustment was required for me to have success was motivation for me.

This^^ absolutely. Logging made ALL the difference for me! Good luck!
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Accountability is key, make your diary open for everyone. At first I wad always over but with everyones encouraging words it got easier. Now I don't feel like I'm dieting, there are days I feel like a bottomless pit and I will indulge a bit but I know that I will get back on track. Stay positive