I'm a Newbie!

Options
Hi all,

Hope you're all well and happy.

I've just signed up and this is my first day. Trying to lose quite a few pound but have 2 big reasons in mind. One is to look better and feel better about myself and the second is to prepare for a baby at some point in the future so want to be in better shape for it. Should have done this ages ago but one thing and another.... you get the idea. :smile:

Not sure how far 1200 cals per days are gonna stretch and haven't read labels for a while but time to make some small changes.
Have rejoined my modern jive dance club and have dusted off my Nintendo Wii and Balance Board.

Will be very happy if I can lose 1 stone between now and Christmas.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted - I'm gonna give this my best shot!!

Best wishes
Angie x

Replies

• qualcosachenonce
    Options
    Hiiiiiii!! I am also fairly new to this.

1,200 calories will stretch as far as you let them :) Its all about the right choices! Good luck and keep us posted!
  • ttunteeya
    ttunteeya Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie,
    Im new to myfitnesspal too and I just completed my first week of monitoring my food everyday.
    I'm trying to go for 1200 cals per day too!

:-)
  • clamour_kid
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure you will do well as it seems you have the determination. One tip I have is make sure you drink around 8 cups of water a day (2 litres roughly) to help flush your system out, but also it helps you feel full and less wanting of a snack.

1200 calories can get you very far. For a man it is different I know, but currently I can work of 1400 quite simply. Salads, soups (careful which ones) and vegetables and healthy well cooked meat are very low in calories and will fill you up easily.

Keep us updated.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi and nice to meet you!

I only joined last week but so far have found this site really friendly and very useful for keeping track of food and exercise. Like you I haven't read the packets in ages, but it's only taken a few days to get my head around most of it, and I'm feeling better and healthier already.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like some support on the way! I've lost 3lb so far, and have about another 40 until I reach my target... and I'm also aiming for a stone by Christmas.

Well done on taking the first step :)
  • malchowb
    Options
    If you stick with the veggies, apples, and lean protein, 1200 calories will keep you full all day long! It is hard to adjust to but you will get there!
  • WesleyW4
    Options
    It took me about a week to get 1200 cal. But once I got things in place and watching things I do during the day allows for a few snacks when my children want fast foods. Starting walking more, the Kinect Dance Central (in workout mode), and the Wii. Notice I have become a lot more active.
  • kdavc
    kdavc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome, I recently joined and have found that tracking really make me so much more aware. I am to at 1200 calories a day. I am trying to lose 20lbs, hopefully 10lbs by March for my twin sister's wedding!! Keep posting your progress and good luck!! :)
  • Angied1
    Angied1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for all your encouraging messages. I am actually looking forward to my weigh-in next week now that things weren't so bad this morning. Went out and did a low-fat shop at Asda last night and now feel quite positive. Goodbye takeaways and microwave dinners, and Hi to lovely fresh veggies, chicken, fish and good stuff. We'll see how far 1200 cals go...!!

Have a great day everyone! :-)
  • karentazdevil
    karentazdevil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to myfitness pal & love it already!
    My journey started a year ago with Slimming world & now im trying to train for a marathen so i needed to step things up & the phone app is really helping me do this.

I wanted to test my Ticker & badges is there anywhere i can as it didn't work by adding it on this post!!??

Thanks & Good Luck Everyone

Karen
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

This site is fantastic for encouragement, help, support and motivation, i am sure you will love it and soon become addicted.
    Remember to log everything as it can be a real eyeopener how we underestimate our calories, and exercise plays a huge part in the weight and inches loss. The challenges on here are great motivators too.

Have you got the EA active sport for the Wii - can recommend it, it is like having your own personal trainer in your living room - Zavvi have it for £ 12.95 ( should be £ 79.99) so a huge saving and a bargain :happy:

Good luck in reaching your goal, we are all here to help you on your way

Feel free to add me as a friend is you wish :smile: