Here I go again.....

Options
Starting over again today...It seems like every-time I put something in my mouth I gain weight. I've gained 26 pounds in a year. It kinda surprised me. It's hard knowing a year ago I was only 4 pounds away from my goal and now it's like starting all over.. Why do I do this to myself? Being over weight changes everything in your life... I want to be in the clothes I was in a year ago and feel that way again, but I have a problem with the amount of time it takes to lose the weight... I want it gone now and get frustrated after about 10 days when these only a pound or 2 gone... So Here I go again...

Replies

• clamour_kid
    Options
    Its tough and I feel sorry for you, but don't be down. The good thing is, you have realised and can come back stronger and sort it out. I think you need to focus on the mental aspect of the diet - get it stuck in your head and make it a way of life for you. That way, when the target is reached, you keep it up.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. :O)
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same way....but *knocks on wood* I'm currently on day 16 of the RE-DO and still hanging in :) Having this community and support has really helped me out so far. Feel free to add me if you want another friend to offer support! You got this!
  • barnett30
    Options
    I know what you are going through.. I have been in this routine for the last 6 years of my life. I am starting over today. If you wouldnt mind maybe I can add you as a friend. We could maybe support each other!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...and yes, it can be frustrating at times, but a pound that you lose it's a pound!! The important thing here is that you don't gain, but rather that you lose....if it's going to take you a year, so be it, but just don't give up...
  • chellchell78
    chellchell78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes.. please add me
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome back X :wink: X You have done it before and you can do it again! I know how you feel though! 2 years ago i managed to loose 2 stone (42lb) and then i put most of it back on again over the last 2 years. I coud have kicked myself for having to start right back near the beginning again when i had done so well. I also feel frustrated that it is going to take a long time to take it all back off again and that i can never "eat whatever i want" or the weight will all go back on again :sad: If you like you can add me for support! And we can kick each others buts :laugh: And stay positive chick!

:flowerforyou: Juliet:flowerforyou:
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way many times - that it takes soooo long to lose the weight. I saw a post on MFP recently (I think I remember who it was, but I don't want to be wrong and misquote) where someone told them "time is going to pass anyway, whether you're doing something about your weight or not." So, in a year from now would you rather be closer to your goal or farther from it.

You can do this!