menopass

Options
Hi, I was wondering how do i change my calories to 1000 a day? I prefer that a day not 1200. Please and Thank You.:smile:

Replies

• choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    MFP does not allow a daily caloric intake of under 1200.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Also as you only have 14lbs to go going so low in calories is not necessary!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

As you only have a little to lose maybe you need to eat more

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).
  • ShelleyLynne4
    ShelleyLynne4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If MFP is telling you to eat 1200 cals. a day then I would stick with that. Too little cals. and you will go into starvation mode and your weight will be at a stand still. Eat all of the protein it tells you to eat and you will see results. Good luck !!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You can go to goals and cusomize your caloric intake, however, unless supporvised/suggested by your physician it is not healthy to eat below 1200 NET calories per day.
  • BotsMomJ
    BotsMomJ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's not good to go below 1200 calories a day. But, I'm sure you know that. :flowerforyou:
  • menopass
    Options
    Oh ok thank you. Do you find this easy or hard? I take it i have to count everything right? like if i have a waffle i add how much butter and syrup?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oh ok thank you. Do you find this easy or hard? I take it i have to count everything right? like if i have a waffle i add how much butter and syrup?

Yes ! if you bite it write it!
  • menopass
    Options
    I have never counted calories before! So how do i begin? Just put in what i eat for today (i am starting today) and see where i end up at the end of the day?????
  • BotsMomJ
    BotsMomJ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just about everything you eat is in MFP. They have name brands and fast food and dine in restaurants. It makes it so easy to enter what you eat. Plus you get more calories when you exercise so definitely take advantage of those calories!

Good luck! You can do it!!