How have YOUR priorities changed?

Before I used to make sure my hair and makeup were perfect before leaving the house. I also ALWAYS had a perfectly immaculate house. Now I am more comfortable in my own skin and I can go out without having straightened my hair and with minimum makeup on. I don't spend as much time cleaning either. The house isn't cluttered, but It only gets cleaned once a week. My time is now spent more relaxed and more laid back. I am liking the new me too. What about you?

Replies

• i am the same way.. im not sweeping and mopping everyday as i used to... and one thing that i have noticed that i have become a stickler on is calories... i have to know how many calories are in something before i put it in my mouth... i really use the scan thingy alot... on everything i can....
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Apparently I'm "too busy" working out to spend time with my extended family. That's the guilt trip I got this weekend.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I think it's so wonderful that some people have becoem more laid back. I don't think I'm woired for laid back. But I do yoga and i try. I just bought my first house so i try to clean and declutter all the time. But even though I am uptight. i find that I am very happy and very motovated. So even if I can't chill at least I'm thinking positive.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Apparently I'm "too busy" working out to spend time with my extended family. That's the guilt trip I got this weekend.

oh dear, how dare you put yourself before everyone else!!!!!!

Keep the good work
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Screw the guilt...you doing something for yourself, to be fit and healthy! My priorities have changed, I have made getting fit my number one priority so my workout time comes before everything else.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    I run instead of doing laundry....LOL!!:laugh:
  • DzyIzy
    DzyIzy Posts: 22 Member
    I am very much the opposite. As I have become more healthy I have become more disciplined in other parts of my life as well.
    I was kind of a slacker before though, for example, I now actually clean my floors almost once a week.
    I also rarely wore makeup and did my hair, now I frequently do. Getting so many compliments on how sllim I look inspires me to make the rest of myself look nice, as obviously people are looking.
    Learning to work exercise into my day and keep track of what I am eating is forcing me to organize my day, and pay more attention to detail.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Very strange. My house is much cleaner now and I'm paying more attention to the way I look when I leave the house since having lost weight. But its for me, not to impress anyone else. I now feel better when things are clean and tidy and organized, and I enjoy having the extra energy to do that. And for the first time since I was a teenager, I enjoy playing with clothes.
  • I have made sure there is 1 hour a day for me, admittedly I'm probably doing it through sleeping less but i believe if i don't like myself how will i diet to be better, If i cant respect myself and opinions how will that work so I take that 1 hour a day to talk to myself (metaphorically, not crazily) to understand what drives me and how to change it, just a little every day
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    They are the ones that feel guilty, invite them to workout with you to spend time with you :devil:
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Much of my life is still very much the same, but.... I do make sure I have some "me" time every day to exercise or do whatever. While I don't necessarily put myself at the top of the list, I am at least now on par with everyone and everything else.... and no longer at the bottom!!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I am actually a priority now. Always put myself last before thinking it was best for my family. Turns out now that I have moved up the list the whole family is happier.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    I spend way less time watching tv now I would rather put my p90x dvd in and do that for an hour
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    opposite here as well. funny how we can be moving toward a similar goal and get there through different paths. I used to make relaxing (sitting doing nothing) a priority and felt deprived if i didn't get to do that for a while each day.

now, I am out 2-3 nights a week exercising. my hubby and I are also more involved in our son's treatment (anxiety disorder and aspergers) now that we know more about it- my house is cleaner, my laundry is caught up, and "relaxing" more often means riding, walking, doing something as a family.
  • I wish I could be comfortable in my own skin and my clohes for once. I am going on a work related trip in May to the beach and I want to be comfortable. :flowerforyou: