SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo...March 25th

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Good morning, everyone.

I did my strength workout this morning, and am heading to aerobics after work. Then I will do pushups once I get home. My big goal for today is to not eat any junk (see last night's post)! We are going out for Indian for lunch (buffet) for a co-worker's birthday, so that will be a challenge as well. I realize that I let my eating get a bit out of control while I was finishing my project, and I haven't regained that control yet. I'm glad that I managed not to gain much weight, but if I want to lose more I know I need to pay more attention.

Happy workouts, all! (except you, V - it sounds like you still need your rest) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Good morning, everyone.

I did my strength workout this morning, and am heading to aerobics after work. Then I will do pushups once I get home. My big goal for today is to not eat any junk (see last night's post)! We are going out for Indian for lunch (buffet) for a co-worker's birthday, so that will be a challenge as well. I realize that I let my eating get a bit out of control while I was finishing my project, and I haven't regained that control yet. I'm glad that I managed not to gain much weight, but if I want to lose more I know I need to pay more attention.

Happy workouts, all! (except you, V - it sounds like you still need your rest) :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    CP, I am dealing with the same thing with food. I let it go when I was on bedrest and I still can't seem to reign it in. I messed up yesterday (with sweets) and went over a couple hundred. :grumble: This has been a really bad week in my house and doesn't look to be getting better. Alex and Steve both have sore throats.
    Today is:
    horse therapy
    push ups
    sit ups
    make grocery list
    some other kind of exercise (if I can fit it in)
    clean something (a room)
    no sweets!!!

On a good note, I did taebo yesterday and my butt hurts! :laugh: I still think taebo is my favorite video to do. I have been wondering about getting Turbo Jam, since it looks similar.
    Happy flappy!
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm finally 1 pound away from my ticker weight :embarassed: (but that's not back considering I only gained 2 pounds last month and ate ice cream every night for over 2 weeks straight :sick:

Today is going to be rough because I got to go find out what is wrong with my phone, hit the complete otherside of town to pick up dog food (I'm picky with their food!) go to the bank (another town and in the wrong direction!!!) and still manage to make it to the gym! Oh yeah...I have school too to cut some time out of my day for me :sad:

My goal today is:
    No lose my head
    NO fast food (hard since I'm going to be running around all day!)
    10 miles on the bike

Have a good day girls!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning. . .

Today's goals are:

More rest. (hooray?. . .I'm so bored. . .)
    Two hours of project work.
    If, and only if, I feel rested by 6 pm. . .going to yoga at the gym. (at the gym, I can stop mid-class and leave, as the teacher is nice and it's gym yoga. . .at Bikram, I'm sort of locked in. Well, not sort-of. . .actually.)

I hate resting. :grumble: Looks like you all will be busy for me, though.

But, I need to recognize that sometimes that rest is what my body needs. Pushing it will only mean being sicker longer. Dang.

Take care, my pebbles.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and CP, I giggled like a schoolgirl because "Boogaloo" was in the heading.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Today is a big Fat F for me! I am doing everything wrong. Alex is sick, DH is sick, and I just want some ME time. I may try to get some exercise in later if I can. Depends on what mood Alex is in when he gets up.
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    mon-taebo
    tues-run
    wed-taebo & gazelle (ate pizza buffet and need some serious cal burn :tongue: )

need to go back and read last few days of posts... like I said, crazy two weeks, so incase I'm not here, know i'm thinking of you all & feeling guilty for not posting!

Happy hump day,
    Arianne :bigsmile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Ohhhhh..really busy today:cry:, but my March New Years resolution is to take some time for my health.
    I just logged in everything I shoveled in today and suprisingly I'm still in calories

I went over yesterday having a 100 cal snack pack as dessert. Mental note: Tomorrow save a 100 cals for dessert pack cuz I'm going to have one anyways:tongue:

Goals for Wednesday:

Stay in cals: Well I'm good right now but I may have that snack pack tonight

Exersise three days: Not today but biked Mon/Tues

Hydrate: Not good today, so busy forget to drink. I've had two so far and my bottle is in front of me. Hope to get at least one more in

Work 8.5 or less: Not today:grumble:

Eat helathier: yes:smile:

I did the Crazy Canucks weigh in today and lost .5 lbs ......funny so small but so happy:happy:

Well, back to work........

Reboot bogaloo,

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Again, no working out. Another four hours of sleep this afternoon. I've made an appointment with the Dr., but couldn't get in for three weeks.

Tomorrow, I think I will go work out regardless. I've given myself three days of nothing and I'm losing my mind.:tongue:

I think I may need to include two days off in my goals. I'm noticing a pattern of having a great week, pushing really hard and then hitting a wall. This is probably fibro. at work. I hate feeling like a sick person, but I'm realizing that maybe I need to respect my limitations (just a little bit. . .). If all I had to do was work out (and I've had long periods where that was actually nearly the case. . .just teaching a few hours a week and leading a few rehearsals) I could probably keep with 12 hours a week of workouts. But, it's just not working now. :sad: It makes me crazy, because it makes me feel lazy to do less.

Once again, God is trying to teach me patience.:wink:

On the positive side, I got two hours of project work in, and made soup that will last the rest of the week, thereby avoiding more take-out food.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Oh, and CP, I giggled like a schoolgirl because "Boogaloo" was in the heading.

:bigsmile: I couldn't resist.

I did pretty well on my goals today... except clearly the bedtime one! I just got sucked into reading this crazy thread on the boards - who knew there was so much drama?!? Thank goodness I only ever check the SBF and pushup threads anymore - it's safe in here! :flowerforyou:

I didn't eat any junk, though I may have eaten a little more than necessary at the Indian buffet... but I'm sorry, if Indian food is wrong, I don't want to be right! :wink: It actually probably wasn't even that bad, and I went to aerobics and did my pushups and everything.

Vivia, be serious - it is not lazy to do less than 12 hours of workouts. :noway: I am going to try and think of a more helpful way to tell you to go easy on yourself. How can you devote the same energy to making sure you take two days off every week because you need them that you do towards working out the rest of the time? If two days "off" is too hard... can you come up with a very light activity that you can do that will help you feel like you've done something, but not tap out your limited reserves? I'm thinking something like a 30 minute walk, or, I don't know, running through a few sun salutations. Whatever it is, make the same commitment to it that you make toward your other workouts, and feel just as proud of yourself for earning that gold star. :wink: :flowerforyou:

OK - to bed!