Accountability needed!

Options
Hi everyone.

I'm Lisa, I'm 23, and I want to lose 20-30 pounds. I'm 5'8" and 185 pounds, and I'm sick of creeping toward 200.

I've tried a few other sites sort of like this, but I like this layout/system much better.

This time around, I hope to be an active member of this online community, to help me be more accountable, and I also hope to not get so discouraged, and live or die by the scale.

I do have a pound goal of 20-30, but above that, I would like to fit comfortably back in my size 8 jeans, because I know I was comfortable with my body then. Right now, I'm a size 12.

Please help me have some patience! I hope to get to know some of you in this process.

Replies

• sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,, I am going through the same things :)
  • bigapple66
    bigapple66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

We're all here to help and encourage each other. Let's make it happen!
  • sassyN1989
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me! I'm a 20 year old college student and I realized I needed to control my eating, no matter how stressed I got! Add me if you'd like.
  • Hunskers
    Options
    HI!! Feel free to add me too. I need help keeping on task too. All the motivation and support I can give or get is great!! also nice to have people going thru the same things you are that understand.
  • daytonafitmom
    daytonafitmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first step is done!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :) i need it too. i need someone to smack my hand away from my mouth!
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is the best family you vvill ever have....vvelcome.
  • lyngordon42
    lyngordon42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Accountablity to yourself and the friends you make on MFP has been a large part of what is keeping me in track. Good luck
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    Feel free to add me if you need a partner to lose weight!
    Congrats on your decision to shed those pounds.
  • julesg33
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am going through the same thing. Good luck!!
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    I'm with you.
  • Behipped
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting responses so quickly. I think my main goal is to not eat out of stress. I tend to binge in those occurrences and I think that is how I have packed on the weight. I also have some 'love' pounds ever since I met my boyfriend over a year ago, and I've had a hard time shedding those!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to log everything! Also, consider opening your diary so that others can view it - now, that's accountability. It was scary for me to do that at first, now it's no big deal. Our weight loss goals are similar - feel free to add me for support. :)
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) I want to be a size 8 as well. I was a 12, now I'm a 10!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    :) i need it too. i need someone to smack my hand away from my mouth!

lol i'm behind you
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Any encouragement that I can offer, I certainly will. I think you will really enjoy this site and will do great!!
  • jlindsaybauman
    jlindsaybauman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i know you don't know me since im new here too, but your pictures just gave me a boost of motivation!! You look AMAZING!! Any suggestions? How'd u do it??
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! You can do it... Just take it one day at a time! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me...