What's your most usefull tool/tip for losing weight?

Options
What's the one thing you swear by that helps you stay motivated, stay on track, stay accountable, remember why you're doing this, etc. What's making the difference for you that you weren't doing before?

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of everything that goes in. I track on here and keep a diary in my bag for when im at work. I think its the most important tool x
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    MFP! It's easy to input my food and exercise. Keeping track has been THE key for me, and if keeping track is cumbersome, requires extra papers on my desk or kitchen counter, or more mental math than I care to bother with, I just don't do it. This site makes it all soooo easy, plus with the "pal" feature, I'm drawn to check in often. I might as well log when I'm here anyway! I haven't felt alone at all in the process, either, knowing so many others are doing the same thing right now.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Change - don't eat the same things everyday, try new things all the time so you do not get bored with food and go back to eating unhealthy...same goes for exercise..try new things, change your workout up constantly..so you don't get bored and so you body does not get used to it...
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This site has been great for me, I have learnt so much from the people on here :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my program because I know it works!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Consistancey and Tracking.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I agree. Log your food and exercise and be PRECISE about the amount of food you are eating. Don't tell yourself 6 ounces is 3 ounces - weigh and measure. Doing that has changed my portion sizes drastically.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Remembering that all things take time, especially weight loss. It didn't go on overnight, and it's not gonna come off overnight. The scale may not move as much as you want it to every week, but that doesn't mean you aren't improving and getting healthier.

At the end of the day, as long as you made the healthiest choices you could, you are going in the right direction!
  • ChristopherOren
    Options
    For starters, using myfitnesspal, but you are already doing that! However, the biggest change I've made that has really helped is eating smaller meals several times a day. I eat 3 meals with 2 planed snacks a day to keep the blood sugar from getting too low. You have to plan to make sure your calories are under control, but it's really helped.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Practicing going with out food - DE-attachment. In the beginning!

Control your desire
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Taking accountability for what i put in my mouth by logging it, so I don't cheat myself in the long run.

Seeing how far I've come in a few months gives the motivation to keep going, even when times are tough and the scales haven't budged for a while, they do eventually and I feel a hell of a lot healthier now. Couldn't even admit to myself I ran out of breath when ran up the stairs (oh and btw now I can sprint and not feel even the slightest out of puff :P) haha this whole eating healthily and exercising thing DOES WORK after all!
  • Rutagabalis
    Options
    Find the sport you truly like. I failed in the past because I tried too hard ... There is only so much will power you can use until you fail.

I used to go to the gym and absolutely hated it, I tried various classes with no better luck, after hard day at work I used to find 101 excuses to go straight home ... until I found the sports I liked. Now I do horse riding and rock climbing. Both sports enable me not only to burn the calories but meet other very nice and interesting people as well and enjoy myself. Last Monday I went to a rock climbing club and burned over 400 calories in 2 hours of which 2/3 of the time (1 hour and 20 min) I was standing around chatting or belying.