I AM DONE USING THIS!

Options
I feel like I been exercising like crazy and counting calories is not helping me...I think I lost just a few pounds in several months...I been eating better but nothing is happening...I think I'm going to delete this account...

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know.
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    different thing work for different people, I'm sure someone on here could help you see where you might be going wrong, if you make your food diary public lot's of people are always willing to help and offer advice :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    As you only have a little to lose maybe you need to eat more

Are you eating to enough? Are eating back your exercise calories, oh and water , water, water!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

This is just a part of it! please read the link above
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could open your diary so others can view and provide feedback on what you been eating. You may be counting calories correctly, but maybe there are better choices of food? Remember, members are here to help one another. If you choose to leave MFP good luck!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you whether you want to stay or go but I would ask you to stay. You've already lost 7 pounds which is half way to your goal and the closer to your ideal weight that you get the slower the weight will come off. Just give it a little more time and I'm sure you'll notice things start to move for you again.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Obviously your not doing something right. You need to reevaluate what your doing. are you eating too little of calories? are you eating back your work out calories? maybe try eating back only half of them, or none at all? how much water are you drinking?
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You only have 7 lbs to go. I hear that the last lbs. are the hardes to get rid of specially for thinner people. That may be the case with you. You seem pretty in shape already.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    She is gone thank you cmriverside for your support.....
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You only have 7lbs to go. I say only but...as you get to goal weight it can be a slow affair. If you are working out loads as well you may be at the fitness level and weight for what you are doing. All I can suggest is that you look at other things..are you eating enough, are you watching your sodium levels, stearing clear of overly processed foods, drinking enough water? There are many reasons why it would be stalling.
    There may be many solutions to this - but giving up probably isn't one of them.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    pathetic that some people attention crave that much they need to go to all the trouble of alerting the whole community that there leaving LMFAO.....

Obviously if you diary is closed no one is going to be able to help you with your food choices, so if your not losing weight then maybe its time to accept the fact your not coping on your own with it and need help from people who are having success?

At the end of the day if you feel like you have stated then why bother coming on here and moaning about it, either do something about it, like ask for help or quit!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    MMMMkkkayyyy, she deleted her account guys, not sure what the point of posting this topic was.
  • fat_tastic
    Options
    Awwwww c'mon don't give up now. You just joined in July. There are people here who can help you maybe change things up a little bit so you can see more results. Unfortunately I have no tips as I've just started myself but I know I've gotten help since I've been here.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    MMMMkkkayyyy, she deleted her account guys, not sure what the point of posting this topic was.

Yeah - crap. That's a bit sad.
  • warponydesigns
    Options
    My question for you would be what types of calories have you been counting? Also if you are working out pretty hard you may be gaining muscle mass... Don't give up... Also it has been proven that it takes a woman twice the effort to drop pounds than men, so don't give up just yet.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thread is poison now IMO
  • TutuIntense22
    TutuIntense22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DON'T give up. How fast did you gain the weight that you're trying to lose? I bet it took you a few months or years. It's much harder to lose than to gain. It's a live long endeavor. It's for your health. Hang in there....I'm in that boat with you. Karen
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see you leave. Can you get any insight into what you need to do from looking back? That has always helped me. More importantly, will leaving actually help you reach your goals? Good luck whatever you decide.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know.

Shall we beg her to stay....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A few pounds in several months is better than zero pounds and/or gaining weight.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    She already deactivated. *cue "Another One Bites the Dust"*