Favorite Salads :-)

Options
I'm always trying to find new salads to create, I get bored of the same old lettuce mix.
This is what I made last night and wanted to share. :-)

1/2 Red Onion
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 Large Cucumber
1 Lemon
Chickpeas (I use canned)
Parsley bunch (half a cup chopped)
3 Garlic Cloves
2 tbl Light Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Crumbed Feta

Red Onion and Tomatoes (I remove the seeds) are diced small. Peel the cucumber and dice it slightly larger than the other vegetables. Rough chop the garlic & parsley. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add it all together in a bowl with fresh squeezed lemon, s&p, and the olive oil. Let the salad sit in the fridge for a half hour, add feta on top when serving. Delicious :-)
Sometimes I add bell peppers if I want the extra crunch. It's a recipe that can be changed all different ways. My husband (the carnivore, LOL) loves it so I make it at least once a month for him in a large batch.

What are your favorite salads to make? :-)

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really want to make that now!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Strawberry salad

Spinach leaves, red onion.

Cut up strawberries and put 1 tablespoon of balsamic vingar and a dash of EVOO in with some pepper and chopped up mint. Let marinate for 1/2 an hour. Add Strawberries to leaves and ethier top with feta or grilled haloumi...

YUM...
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    red, yellow, and or orange bell pepper, chopped in chunks, or slices (only because i'm not a fan of green, but, easily interchangable)
    snow peas
    grape tomatoes(or cherry)
    baby carrots
    feta cheese
    kraft zesty italian salad dressing, (either fat free, or calorie wise, both just 5 cals per tbsp)
    can be used on top of romaine, or lettuce of your choosing, or, mixed in with cold pasta, for a killer pasta salad(which was how i first started having it)
    and, in reality, any veggie you like raw, can be added, although, i found regular tomatoes, chopped, and cucumber, tend to make it rather 'wet'... so, grape tomatoes work better
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a salad that I like having fairly regularly when I am not craving a ceasar salad.

The lettuce part changes up between romaine and a spring mix.

Since I mainly make salads for just myself, I just make a single serve each time.

1 mini cucumber
    cherry tomatoes (# is a multiple of 2 for logging purposes)
    1/2 cup large sliced mushrooms broken up to smaller pieces.
    Then salad dressing of choice...I like to switch it up. But I do choose the calorie wise options of the flavours I get.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Waldorf

red apple, green apple, celery, walnuts and a low fat creamy dressing (ranch or coleslaw are good)
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    spring mix
    baby spinach
    shredded carrots
    sprinkle of cheese(feta,blue,or shredded cheddar)
    sprinkle of raw sliced almonds
    sprinkle dried cranberries
    1 gala apple cubed
    1 chicken breast grilled and sliced or 1 serving turkey lunch meat rolled then sliced
    marettis simply dressing pmegranate vinegarette or any lite balsamic vinegarette dressing

This is my twist on Wendys Apple Pecan Chicken salad
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bumping this for when I can copy down some of these salads!
  • cynarajade
    cynarajade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump for lunch ideas
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    can't wait to see what others post on this thread...

a favorite of mine is a big bowl of spring mix or field greens, topped by 1 pouch of Tuna Creations Lemon-Pepper Tuna......... it's so flavorful, i don't need any dressing at all................ sometimes i'll add in some red or yellow bell peppers strips.
  • KatieCuth
    Options
    Rocket, Pear, blue cheese and a white balsamic dressing.... Sometimes I add candied pecans.

YUMMMMY
  • KatieCuth
    Options
    Fennel and Orange and Poppyseed salad...

Place the fennel and orange in a larege bowl (sliced), drizzle with EVOO and vinegar (red wine vinegar) sprinkle with poppyseeds and salt... Chill and serve over a bed of rocket (Arugla)....

Lovely with sword fish or tuna.
  • taroe
    taroe Posts: 3
    Options
    Mixed greens
    baby carrots sliced
    baby cucumber sliced
    small amount of bacon pieces
    chopped glazed pecans (sparse amount)
    shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 oz.
    roasted soybeans 1 oz.
    balsamic vinegar or cherry vinaigrette
    small amount of dried blueberries or cranberries.

And the best part of all...I just started eating salads 3 months ago. Before I was strictly a meat and potatoes girl. :happy:

8385437.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gilltaitt
    Options
    bump bump bump! all sound so good!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    So tasty!
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options