30lbs, 40in, 6 mos.....GOOOAAALLL!!!

Options
cweiler4
cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
My journey started with me being 5'3 and at my highest weight at 165lbs. I wore a size 12/14 and was not happy with myself. One day a light bulb just clicked on in my head and I said "I need to get this weight off." :cry: My husband and I ordered the Insanity DVD's and since April 3, 2011, I have been on this journey that has completely changed my life.

In the beginning, I followed the Insanity program and combined some days with a Combat Fit class (Cardio kickboxing) at my brother's TaeKwonDo school. I recorded and logged everything religously though MFP. Which I clearly remember, the first month I absolutely hated logging my food. It was so time consuming, but I continued to press on through those issues and the unbelievable soreness my body was feeling!! After Insanity, I was 13lbs down, and was convinced that I was never going to make to my goal of 135lbs.:grumble: I went through that exhausting workout program, plus the combat fit and only lost 13lbs. I did lose 22.75 inches during that time and I still wasn't convinced that any of this work I was putting in was helping, but for some reason, I still continued. The next few months, I continued to dabble with Insanity and then moved on to Insanity Asylum. The Combat Fit class became a regularly scheduled workout class and I started to incorporate weight training into my workouts. It was about my 4 months into this journey that I finally noticed the changes in my body. The last 10lbs were going to be the hardest pounds to shed!! I was still in this!!!

Finally 5 months and 28 days in, on October 1, I am preparing my morning to run my first 5K, and I go through my normal morning routine, step on the scale and BOOM 135.0lbs!! GOAL ACHIEVED!!! 30 POUNDS GONE FOREVER!!!! I am now a size 4-6 and loving it!!! What the heck? :noway:

My measurements from beginning to end:

Waist: 40in----29.75 (-10,25)
Hips: 42in----33.25 (-8.75)
Arms: 11.50in----10.00 (-1,50)
Bust: 41.50in----33.25 (-8.25)
Rt. Thigh: 23.25in----18.50 (-4.75)
Lt. Thigh: 23.50in----18.50 (-5,00)

Total: 40.00 inches

Below are my progress pics from my journey. Big thanks to my hubby and kiddos who have had to endure my mood changes and tantrums, but was also there for my joys and successes!! Thank you so much to all of MFP friends for all of your love, support, and motivation day in and day out on this journey. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING PEOPLE!! :blushing:

IMG_1766-1-2.jpg

Even though I have hit my goal weight of 135, I am really trying to get to my ulitmate goal of 127! So, I am continuing on to lose my last 8lbs! Wish me luck! :happy:

Replies

• bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is just amazing! You're an inspiration, and I wish you the best of luck with you with your last 8 lbs and your upcoming 5k! you can do it. :D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome...and i am so pleased that we have been friends for a good part of your amazing journey! You are very inspiring and proof that hard work and commitment is what it takes..and you have that in buckets and buckets!! so very pleased for you..and also, so very proud of you!!

congratulations again on making it!

don't get toooo thin, now ok?!!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing achievements! 30 pounds! 40 inches! That is fantastic and so inspiring!

Yea for YOU!!!
    Loree
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    you look great! you are right where i want to be!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!! Doesn't size 4-6, rock?! Rockin' girl!!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am glad that you did not say it was a breeze, because your journey is almost the same as mine. I just have not reached the end yet. You are inspiring.:flowerforyou:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Great results! Congratuations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cweiler4
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome...and i am so pleased that we have been friends for a good part of your amazing journey! You are very inspiring and proof that hard work and commitment is what it takes..and you have that in buckets and buckets!! so very pleased for you..and also, so very proud of you!!

congratulations again on making it!

don't get toooo thin, now ok?!!

Dee: You have been such an inspiration to me! Congrats on getting to your goal!! I definitely want to get smaller than 127!! You have my word on that! Thanks for being such a great PAL!! :flowerforyou: :
  • cweiler4
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!! Doesn't size 4-6, rock?! Rockin' girl!!

Thank you!! I never thought I would be this size at all!! It feels amazing!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness !!
  • cweiler4
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your sweet words, messages, friend requests and comments!! You are all awesome! :heart:
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I am 5'3 and started my weight loss around the same weight that you did. I am know kind of floating around 133-135, so I am ready to amp up my weight loss challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You look awesome! I swear when I was reading your story, it sounded similar to my own except I'd be swapping the words Insanity with Jillian Michaels. My story is above my ticker. The thing is that not only do you look great, you sound positive and fantastic! Way to keep motivating everyone around you! :smile:
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats! way to go, I am inspired, I starting at 160(5" 2.5", currently around 140, waiting to get down to 125)

Slow and stready!!!

Size 4/6 is awesome!
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    Thats awsome!! You look FAB!!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you go, you go! go get it, go get it! (chanted cheerleader style...?)

you are AWESOME!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!