Small (and slightly embarrassing) NSV

Options
ahmpierce1
ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
Over the past year... I've gained about 20 pounds. However, being in a state I denial...I refused to buy new jeans as I kept telling myself "Oh, you'll lose it, it's not worth spending the money for new clothes".

So, over the course of the year my "skinny" jeans became to small....then, my "fat" jeans starting becoming to small as well. At my highest weight, my "fat" jeans would get ON and I could even button them if I was standing up, BUT once I sat down, that top button had to be undone. And that is what we call embarrassing.

Well, since starting MFP, I no longer have to un-button that top button upon sitting in my "fat" jeans. My "skinny" jeans are still collecting dust in the closet, but baby steps my friends....baby steps.

Replies

• baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! you go girl!!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Woohoo that's a great NSV!!! Keep it up and those skinny jeans will no longer have to collect dust!
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    one step at a time .. thats how you get to your goal. Congrats for sticking with it!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and soon you'll have a pile of clothes that are too big for you! I have one...I call it my pile of WIN. :bigsmile:
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I completely know the feeling! We have similar starts and similar goals. My ultimate goal would be 135, but I'm going w/ 140 for now. :)
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thats totally awesome!!! What a great feeling that is! Congratulations and keep it up. Also, I did the same thing in my state of denial but I was deep enough in denial thinking I could sit down WITHOUT unbuttoning. Lets just say I never even SAW that button again. It took flight and probably never landed LOL.
  • blarics11
    Options
    Awesome!!! keep it up!
  • KLLever
    KLLever Posts: 39
    Options
    That's awesome! Soon it'll be your "FAT" jeans that are collecting dust :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Before you know it --- your skinny jeans will be too big and you'll be out buying new ones!
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    Yay!! I am definitely in the exact same boat here, so I know how you feel. Great feeling when I do put on my skinny jeans and they button and everything...Too bad they are just too tight to actually wear for more than 2 minutes. HAHA. But oh well. Soon!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good job! Progress is progress, no matter how small!
  • AmyS618
    AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'm in the same boat as you. i gave in and purchased two pairs of fat pants for work last year, they are loose now! I have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal but I have improved!
  • Eagles320
    Options
    Your doing an amazing job keep up the good work.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to go!!! So excited for your progress youve made and the progress to come! =D
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good for you ! Congrats :))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!