Spot of tea??

Options
I love black tea, but I would really like to try the British and Australian versions! Most of the black teas in the U.S. are made for iced tea and don't make for a nice cup of strong black tea. I have some Tetley currently, but I wonder if it's the same tea that is sold in Britain. Can anyone give me some suggestions where I may order some?

Replies

• Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I drink tetley and I'm in the UK, lol. I can't imagine its any different. I know they sell PG tips in the US. Tazo makes a lovely earl grey. You should be able to find it at your super market.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Tetley or Twinings.
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    Tazo Awake is a great black tea.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello-

This is where I like to get my Tea-they might be able to help you?

http://www.montanatea.com/
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I drink tetley and I'm in the UK, lol. I can't imagine its any different. I know they sell PG tips in the US. Tazo makes a lovely earl grey. You should be able to find it at your super market.
    I've talked to a friend in Canada about it and she said that when she goes to the states, the Tetley tea isn't the same. I think the U.S. version is made in New Jersey!
  • kimiel51
    Options
    Hello-

This is where I like to get my Tea-they might be able to help you?

http://www.montanatea.com/
    Thanks! I'll check it out!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.theteatable.com/ too.

I'm not a tea connoisseur so I have no idea the difference between US and British teas, but I love their flavors and find them to be very yummy and have such a wide variety... and cheap!
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in Australian and drink Madurah for my 50 times a day habit and Twinings for special occasions. I am also really enjoying the Wedgwood line at the moment. Both the bags and loose leaf have proven lovely!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Check the local yellow pages. We have a couple stores locally that are specialty stores that sell only British items. I get my tea and Jelly babies and chocolate there. Of course it has been a very long time since I bought the sweets. :blushing:
  • kimiel51
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try Teavana. They're expensive but SO worth it! I love their teas. It's all loose leaf, but potent.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Switch to loose leaf tea. Cheaper, and much, much stronger! Try www.adagioteas.com
  • kimiel51
    Options
    Switch to loose leaf tea. Cheaper, and much, much stronger! Try www.adagioteas.com
    I have loose leaf Lipton, but I keep thinking that I'm missong out on a more flavorful tea that's out there somewhere!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    There are far more flavorful teas than lipton - my website of choice to buy from is adagio.com. There are so many varie-teas! X3 If you want to be adventurous outside of black teas, try an oolong if you never have. They're more oxidized than green teas, but less so than black, and have a flavor profile that stands alone (no milk or sugar) so marvelously.
  • kimiel51
    Options
    There are far more flavorful teas than lipton - my website of choice to buy from is adagio.com. There are so many varie-teas! X3 If you want to be adventurous outside of black teas, try an oolong if you never have. They're more oxidized than green teas, but less so than black, and have a flavor profile that stands alone (no milk or sugar) so marvelously.
    Thanks!!
  • idrewacat
    idrewacat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I second Twining and PG Tips. Those are some GOOD teas.

Right now I am just drinking Bigelow because I found a whole bunch expired at the grocery store I worked with and they let me have it for $.25 a box lol.
  • kimiel51
    Options
    I second Twining and PG Tips. Those are some GOOD teas.

Right now I am just drinking Bigelow because I found a whole bunch expired at the grocery store I worked with and they let me have it for $.25 a box lol.
    Good deal!
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tea is definitely one of my passions, I have close to 100 different kinds of loose leaf tea in all varieties (black, oolong, green, yellow, white, and cakes of pur-eh). I get all of mine from imperialtea.com. They come loose leaf but you'd be amazed at how long 0.25 lb will last you! You can order bags if you want and use an iron to seal them up once you fill with tea, or resuable cloth sacks. I just like mine loose, sometimes brewed in teapots or in gawains (cups for brewing loose leaf tea), but recently I found a great loose leaf tea brewer made by Breville that will keep the tea at the temp you set for an hour (160-205 degrees F). This is great if you like green teas, as the water should be around 160-170 degrees F, too hot and it will taste bitter.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try www.uptontea.com. I love that company! And The Jasmine Pearl.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    For black tea, I like PG Tips and you can find it some places in the US. It's great!